Iris Automation engineers are at the center of our core mission: building state of the art technologies that enable drones and autonomous vehicles to perceive, understand, and navigate the world we live in. As an intern, you will join a motivated, creative, and talented team to help design sophisticated, production ready code by being given complete ownership of a project and seeing it through. We view our interns differently than most: you will be hands-on with the most meaningful problems facing the drone industry today, and your contributions will make a lasting impact.
This is a paid, full-time position for a minimum of three months.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Crafting and improving underlying systems and frameworks that make up the Iris Automation Collision Avoidance system
- Assisting in creation of internal tools to better the development of our software
- Helping to implement computer vision algorithms, from the drawing board into production
- Creating robust testing suites for internal use.
- Taking ownership of a project through to completion
- Proficiency in writing clean, well organized C++ code
- Working knowledge of Linux systems
- Working understanding of Python, Bash scripting
- A strong willingness to learn and be challenged
- Prior experience with GPU programming/CUDA
- Working knowledge of ROS