United Capital is searching for a driven social media coordinator to attract and interact with targeted digital communities. The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for operations around United Capital’s owned social media accounts, as well as monitoring conversations across the digital landscape. This role will be a vital part of the marketing team, while working closely with other key stakeholders in various departments.
This position reports to the Digital Marketing Director, Content and Social, and will be expected to manage multiple projects at the same time. This position regularly interfaces with executive management and will be expected to provide meaningful contributions and be able to interface with C-suite level executives.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Ensure social posts are updated regularly.
- Working with content management systems regularly.
- Identify advisers who are working hard and enabling clients to live the life they want – and facilitate publicizing stories.
- Monitor all owned social media pages, interacting with content as appropriate, and providing marketing direction as it relates to social media.
- Using social listening to discover potential opportunities for United Capital’s social media efforts.
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community.
- Report on all social media efforts through detailed analytics, and glean insights to influence future efforts.
- Identify potential legal and/or compliance risks as it pertains to our social media efforts, and make recommendations on enhancing or updating controls where needed.
- Collaborate with other departments (customer relations, sales, etc.) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions.
- Aggregate and produce engaging content to ensure the blog and social media channels are up to date, relevant and interesting.
- Proofread content, including but not limited to social media posts, blog articles, and PR.
- Administration of press and social competitions, to include organizing prizes and contacting winners.
- Understand United Capital’s followers across social media channels through regular audits
- Leverage social listening to discover potential opportunities for United Capital’s social media efforts
- Assist building best practice educational materials for employee advocacy initiative
- Identify organic opportunities for growth across each social media channel
- Understanding of paid campaign set up and optimization across Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Administration of social media presence in the event of industry-related events.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related Communications field.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in social media management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency on all major social media sites is required (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, G+, YouTube)
- Excellent copywriting required, along with basic skills in design, photography, videography, and
- general content creation.
- Knowledgeable in social media rules and regulations; good judgment and common sense
- Well-organized, efficient, detail-oriented self-starter, and able to work independently
- Passion for digital marketing/social media and desire to follow the latest trends in technology, platforms, tools, and best practices.