We are Sisense.
Sisense is a radically innovative BI company focused on redefining every aspect of business analytics. We love innovation; we always seek to develop better our solutions and delight our customers. Turning complexity into simplicity is our goal, and we accept no less than ‘WOW!’. Sisense provides a single-stack BI solution, from a blazing fast analytical server that can mash up complex data sets out of various source providers, through a killer analytical product that turns data into actionable insights using proprietary technologies that leave other analytical engines in the dust.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a strong and highly talented manager who is a leader with an exceptional track record of leading Data Science teams and building both experimental and production products. The ideal candidate is a manager who has the skills, personal qualities and motivation to play a major role in leading us to the next level in the BI space. The Head of Data Science at Sisense will join our CTO group and will report directly to Sisense’s CTO.
What you’ll do?
- Build, lead and manage a group of data scientists and data engineers
- Play a key role in establishing a new strategic Data Science group
- Act as a domain expert and thought leader both internally and externally
- Lead our strategic data science research and identify business opportunities
- Work closely with our Product and RnD departments on ML/AI based features
- Work closely with our Labs team building experimental ML/AI products
What should you have?
- Proven experience in recruiting, leading and managing data science teams into full-blown production products
- Strong passion for technology and willingness to make an impact
- Hands-on experience developing machine learning models
- Experience with Python, R or Scala
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Random Forests, etc.
- Experience with at least one major deep learning framework e.g. Torch, Tensorflow, Keras, TFLearn
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving orientation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional customer and service orientation
- Ability to motivate a team-oriented, collaborative working environment
A big bonus if you have
- Ph.D. or M.Sc in Computer Science, Mathematics or another related field
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Presto, etc.
- Experience with running ML on cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, GCP