Candid™ is helping people get the smiles they always wanted at prices they can afford. By simplifying the process (direct-to-consumer) and reducing costs (by up to 65% less), we can help more people feel confident and healthy. We believe that high quality dental care should be affordable and accessible, and we're using teledentistry to facilitate the diagnosis and treatment of orthodontic patients. Our team includes startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, Squarespace, WeWork, Blue Apron, and Clover Health.
When we say we’re customer-centric, we mean it. We’re committed to quality patient outcomes - and that starts with quality customer care. We’re looking for a Director of Customer Care to lead this charge in our brand new second headquarters (“HQ2”). Our team is scaling quickly as we build a best-in-class consumer/healthcare brand. We’ve chosen to stand up a large Customer Care team in Columbus, where we can sustainably attract and retain the best talent to represent our brand and deliver a compelling customer experience.
We’re looking for a passionate, people-oriented leader to own our customer experience. You’ll set a vision, create structure and process, and deploy the team that is at the front lines of our customer communications. You’ll hire, manage, and scale a large team while also building out the world-class training programs, automated processes, and performance management systems that ensure the team performs at its best.
Additionally, you’ll work closely with our product, design, operations, engineering and marketing teams to ensure that customer needs are heard across the business. You’ll be an integral part of designing the company-wide roadmap. You will report directly to our HQ2 General Manager.
What You’ll Do
- Rapidly grow HQ2 along with our HQ2 General Manager by hiring, transitioning, and scaling our Candid Care team.
- Build a people-oriented team culture to attract and retain the very best talent. Provide clear growth paths and mentorship opportunities for team members.
- Own all Support KPIs and SLAs. With ownership over how we’re serving our customers, you’ll put in place the processes, systems, and accountability to results that we need to scale.
- Simplify workflow processes to improve team productivity, and work with product/engineering/ops to automate relevant workflow processes and improve efficiency.
- Develop expertise in our customer care processes, tools, and systems. Dive deep to configure settings and train your team on usage.
What You’ll Need
- 7+ years of experience in customer-facing roles. Extensive experience managing people on the front lines and at the management level.
- Demonstrated success coaching, developing, and scaling a team in a fast-changing environment.
- Expert communication skills with a customer-centric focus.
- A process and data-driven mindset.
- Uncanny attention to detail.
- Ability to embrace change and thrive in a fast-paced start-up culture.
Pay & Perks
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- A collaborative, high energy work environment
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning.