Candid™ is helping people get the smiles they always wanted at prices they can afford. By simplifying the process (direct-to-consumer) and reducing costs (by up to 65% less), we can help more people feel confident and healthy. We believe that high quality dental care should be affordable and accessible, and we're using teledentistry to facilitate the diagnosis and treatment of orthodontic patients. Our team includes startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, Squarespace, WeWork, Blue Apron, and Clover Health.
At Candid, our research team helps us understand who we are designing for, what motivates our customers and how we can improve their experience. We draw on insights from behavioral economic theory, psychological measures, usability testing, competitive analysis, observational research, customer surveys and much more. In addition to informing overall user experience, research insights informs business strategy, digital product designs, and campaign decisions. As a User Researcher, you have a passion for how research information design and a natural curiosity about what drives human behavior and decisions. You are a champion for the customer and are eager to share insights from research with internal teams in visual, written and in-person settings. You’ll own your projects and collaborate closely with our entire design team, product team and will report directly to our Customer Experience Research Lead, Dr. Sudy Majd.
What You'll Do
- Create interactive visual prototypes, wireframes, navigation flows and other interaction design deliverables for desktop, tablet, mobile and in-store experiences.
- Advocate for customer needs and integrate user research in the design process.
- Experiment with new methods, tools, and techniques to continually improve our product and customer experience.
- Participate and lead user research, concept testing, and usability testing.
- Conduct appropriate analyses on research findings when appropriate and translating findings into actionable solutions that will touch all aspects of the company.
- Opportunity to make company-wide presentations about past, existing and ongoing research findings.
- Collaborate with almost every department on research and customer experience. You will be voice of the consumer and it will be your responsibility to make sure their needs, opinions and point of view are considered in every decision made by the company.
What You'll Need
- 2-4 years experience in a research role at an agency or consumer-focused company and a bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, or a related field.
- Experience with both qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods research.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data and gain meaningful insights to drive successful iterations and identify opportunities for updates.
- Demonstrated experience working in cross-functional teams and in a strategy-driven environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with SQL, Amplitude and Google Analytics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills who is eager to share research insights across disciplines.
- Experience and competence to undertake research assignments with modest supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced work environment, as a team player.
Pay & Perks
- Equity in the business
- Medical and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Easy access to work, across the street from 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W trains
- A collaborative, high energy work environment
- You will grow a lot here. We’re committed to giving employees deep responsibility and fostering a culture of learning.