Software Engineering Manager at Candid Co.
New York City, NY, US
Candid™ is helping people get the smiles they always wanted at prices they can afford. By simplifying the process (direct-to-consumer) and reducing costs (by up to 65% less), we can help more people feel confident and healthy. We believe that high quality dental care should be affordable and accessible, and we're using teledentistry to facilitate the diagnosis and treatment of orthodontic patients. Our team includes startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, Squarespace, WeWork, Blue Apron, and Clover Health.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join Candid™ to build and grow our engineering team. You will recruit, hire, and mentor engineers across our stack, including UI, mobile, infrastructure, architecture, and data. You will be responsible for guiding the team through the design and delivery of our core applications and for developing sound technical solutions that will allow us to scale the business as we grow. In addition, you will partner cross-functionally with our product, design, and marketing teams. You will report directly to our VP of Engineering.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and mentor a squad of engineers
- Recruit and help grow the engineering team
- Additional third-party tools such as Stripe, Cloudflare and others to simplify services such as payments, CDN, etc
- Wide use of open source tools
- Github-based rapid deployment environment
- Build and manage the architecture that powers Candid™
- Work across design and engineering to polish the product experience
- Take full ownership of projects from design to implementation and deployment
What You’ll Need
- 3 years minimum experience as an Engineering Manager / Tech Lead
- Experience working across the stack
- Experience working with growth and product teams to meet business needs
- Fluency in the mechanics of the internet, including TCP/IP, DNS, caching
- Fluency in one or more of software language
- Proven engineering skills in a consumer-focused business
- Experience building delightful user experiences
- Ability to balance iteration speed with quality
- Strong business instincts and fundamentals
Pay & Perks
- Equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- A collaborative, high energy work environment
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning.