Candid™ is helping people get the smiles they always wanted at prices they can afford. By simplifying the process (direct-to-consumer) and reducing costs (by up to 65% less), we can help more people feel confident and healthy. We believe that high quality dental care should be affordable and accessible, and we're using teledentistry to facilitate the diagnosis and treatment of orthodontic patients. Our team includes startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, Squarespace, WeWork, Blue Apron, and Clover Health.
We’re looking for a dynamic, results-driven Director of Sales to own a comprehensive inside sales strategy, focused on converting prequalified high intent leads into customers. You will build and scale the Sales team in our brand new second headquarters (“HQ2”) in Columbus. You will establish a playbook for measuring and scaling sales development as you hire, train, mentor and performance manage a rapidly growing team. You will report directly to our HQ2 General Manager.
What You’ll Do
- Own all Sales KPIs and SLAs. Set goals and drive incremental and step-function improvements to make sure we achieve them weekly, monthly, and quarterly.
- Hire, coach, and manage a team of sales associates and managers that will own pipelines from calling to close.
- Establish a process-oriented playbook for scaling the Sales team: create scripts, monitor SLAs for pipeline management, manage lead distribution, and track performance management.
- Innovate upon new processes and systems to drive accountability for your team and conversion for the business.
- Guide a collaborative, people-oriented culture. Attract and retain the best talent by providing mentorship and paths forward for team members.
- Drive cross-functional projects between Support, Operations, and Sales to make Sales processes more efficient and increase conversion.
What You’ll Need
- 5-10 years of experience in inside sales and sales leadership.
- Demonstrated success in coaching, managing, and scaling a team.
- Expert communication skills with a sales-focused mentality.
- A process and data-driven mindset.
- Results-oriented bias with the ability to embrace change and thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Pay & Perks
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- A collaborative, high energy work environment
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning.