Regional General Manager - West Coast at Candid Co.
San Francisco, CA, US
Candid™ is helping people get the smiles they always wanted at prices they can afford. By simplifying the process (direct-to-consumer) and reducing costs (by up to 65% less), we can help more people feel confident and healthy. We believe that high quality dental care should be affordable and accessible, and we're using teledentistry to facilitate the diagnosis and treatment of orthodontic patients. Our team includes startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, Squarespace, WeWork, Blue Apron, and Clover Health.
As Candid™’s leader in each region, the Regional General Manager is responsible for the launch, development, and sustainable growth of our business and teams. You will launch our studios in each market, help recruit, and train (via relevant studio managers) the teams to operate them, manage P&L, and hit key market performance targets. You’ll partner cross-functionally throughout the organization across design, engineering, research, product, studios, support and more. You will also partner with key outside stakeholders and bridge the gap between the city, regional, and HQ teams.
To succeed in the role, you must be highly analytical, creative, and a strong people person who has experience managing large teams. You must be adept at identifying clever, cost-effective ways to acquire customers while also moving fast to improve operations, customer experience, and conversion rates. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering custom messages is critical to success.
What You'll Do
- Lead a team of incredibly smart, passionate, and diverse people — championing our culture and employee brand. You will specifically manage the studio managers in your market.
- Liaise with departments across the company to kick us off in new markets. Orchestrate promotional, advertising, design, logistics, and PR activities to ensure we maximize chair occupancy as soon as possible post-launch
- Manage P&L for your market and be responsible for key performance targets
- Empower the local city teams to deliver on their KPIs by working with various departments across the company.
- Work with other RGMs to help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices
- Represent Candid at local events and with local PR
- Collaborate with our Regional Marketing team to initiate creative local strategies and user growth campaigns
What You'll Need
- 6+ years of relevant experience in operations management, consulting, or marketing
- Prior experience leading large teams, launching new markets and managing P&L
- You’re a lights-out operator and a process-first leader. You’re able to create structure where there is none. Track record of setting expectations and motivating a team to deliver against them
- A data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment achieved through a strong analytical mindset
- A creative, solutions focused approach with a focus on achieving results
- Relevant experience in consumer service marketing is advantageous
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to build smart partnerships
- Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial leader who thrives in high-pressure, high-urgency situations
- Crisp verbal and written communicator. Impeccably organized, with an uncanny attention to detail
- Ruthless prioritizer, with ability to adjust priorities on the fly as business needs evolve
- You should expect to be traveling 25% of the time
Pay & Perks
- A collaborative, high energy, and challenging work environment
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work, building our brand, and constantly learning
- Competitive salary
- Equity in the business
- Medical and dental insurance