Analyze risks and create innovative solutions to the wide-range of challenges our high-growth global business as we expand and scale.
DocuSign's Commercial Lawyer, EMEA will be a qualified attorney with commercial contracts (contract drafting and negotiation) experience that will serve as an internal counsel for our EMEA business. The Commercial Lawyer, EMEA will regularly collaborate with internal stakeholders, such as Sales, Marketing, Product, and other Legal and HQ functions.
This position will report to the EMEA General Counsel who is based in London
- Review, draft, revise and interpret SaaS and other technology licensing and partnership agreements, vendor and work for hire contracts, consulting agreements, non-disclosure agreements.
- Negotiate favorable terms for confidential information, indemnification, liability, proprietary rights, security and data privacy
- Advise stakeholders of contract risks and appropriate resolution strategy when customer’s purchase order terms and conditions deviate from DocuSign’s standard terms and conditions.
- Educate internal stakeholders, prospects and customers on legality and compliance issues.
- Summarize technical & non-technical information to key stakeholders and executives to facilitate an understanding of contract scope, nuances, deviations, key terms, and acceptance of contract.
- Manage and meet internal SLAs and help juggle priorities in a fast-moving environment.
- Support the risk management function and regulatory compliance, including identifying and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements in EMEA, in areas such as e-signature regulations, data privacy, data security and others
- Transactional and cross-border experience required
- Strong commercial experience in agency OR in-house including understanding Contracts Management principles.
- Ability to craft and implement legal policies and training, in addition to experience reviewing, revising, drafting, negotiating and advising on sophisticated and complex contracts, such as services agreements, sales agreements, marketing/advertising, professional services agreements, technology agreements, partner and vendor agreements
- Solid knowledge of the legal aspects of data privacy as it relates to cloud computing
- Excellent judgment, attention to detail and ability to work independently are a must
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high activity environment, and able to handle ambiguity, juggle many matters at once and quickly shift from one situation or task to another
- Ability to effectively collaborate cross-functionally across teams with a team attitude that no job is too big or too small
- Talent for thinking outside of the box in confronting new issues and pursuing novel approaches to old problems
- Must be a member in good standing of the U.K. bar