Bread provides consumer purchase finance options for ecommerce. The company builds tools, technologies and APIs that allow merchants to integrate an installment loan financing prequalification and checkout experience anywhere in their customers' shopping journey. The company has been live in market since mid-2015, is growing its volume 5x year-on-year, and has ~100 employees in New York City. The company has raised more than $100 million in equity funding to date, most recently in a Series C in the second half of 2018.
The Head of Partnerships and Business Development position is an essential, strategic component of the Bread revenue team. The company sits adjacent to a number of different industries that could provide growth-accelerating partnership opportunities, e.g. digital payments companies; other issuers of consumer credit; ecommerce platforms; digital marketing services; ecommerce development agencies and systems integrators; payments acquisition independent sales organizations (ISOs); and others.
The Head of Partnerships and Business Development will be responsible for driving new strategic partnerships from sourcing, negotiation and close through to implementation and driving value.
Things you’ll do:
- Identify potential reseller, referral, technology integration and marketing partnerships across adjacent verticals
- Design and build out the partnerships team at Bread, including identifying roles, setting goals and KPIs
- Work closely with senior company leadership to determine priorities and strategy and get top-level buy in on strategic opportunities
- Build relationships across adjacent verticals and move partnerships through complex deal cycles
- Close new deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts and scoping/organizing execution
- Be accountable for successful go-live of integrated partnerships, coordinating cross-functionally
- Manage ongoing relationships with strategic partners. Track effectiveness and ensure success
- Meaningful experience in a leadership role in partnerships/business development, ideally at a venture-backed startup
- Excellent knowledge of the online payments and digital commerce ecosystem
- Proven experience closing complex partnerships with sizable revenue impact potential
- Experience negotiating complex memorandums of understanding, term sheets, and definitive deals
- Track record as a successful people manager in the partnerships function
- Ability to construct or closely understand detailed financial models that can project deal value and impact
- Facility in coordinating efforts of multiple disparate stakeholders
- An aptitude and appetite for switching between strategic thinking and planning and tactical, roll-up-your-sleeves, get-in-the-weeds day-to-day work
- Comfort working in a small company culture, and with creating processes on the fly
- Excellent communication skills, a thirst for knowledge and detail orientation
- Drive to succeed and exceed goals, and ability to work both independently and with the team to build your book of business