Tile is building the world’s largest real-time finding network. Come join our growing team in Canada to help make it happen!
At the core of Data Science and Engineering, our mission is to enable Tile to make smart data-backed decisions. Join our team to help build scalable data solutions for cross-functional teams by optimizing data collection and data flow.
We are looking for a passionate engineer who can take complete ownership of Tile’s end to end data lifecycle by building scalable ETL solutions, performing data modeling, and improving the overall data quality & system reliability. Become part of a team which leans on applying cutting-edge real-time and exploratory data analysis to make “everything” smart location enabled.
- Leverage Spark distributed computing in order to design, implement and manage scalable data processing ETL platforms
- Propose, architect, and build algorithms for real-time data processing
- Own end to end data flow. Extend our data pipelines by collecting, storing, processing, and transforming large data sets
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in understanding the data requirements; Apply best practices for having the most reliable and consumable data
- Propose and implement strategies for acquiring data in order to foster new insights
- 5+ years of combined experience as a data and/or backend engineer
- Proficient with Python, Spark, AWS, and Spark Streaming
- Deep knowledge of data mining techniques, SQL, relational databases, and NoSQL databases
- Delight in crushing messy unstructured data and making the world sane by producing quality data that is clean and usable
- You know OOD, have an interest in functional programming and understand basic statistics
- Worked with geospatial data and understand the challenges related to storing and leveraging it in near real-time
- You love exploring Apache ecosystem and have a proven experience to adapt to new tech.
- You enjoy working with a highly focused team at a lean startup
- You have good communication skills and can work independently
Nice to Have
- Experience with Databricks/Airflow
- Experience with Kinesis/Kafka/ELK stack
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
Tile is creating a world where everyone can find everything that matters. When you’ve lost something, getting it back safe and sound can feel impossible. But thanks to Tile, there’s a community of people out there helping that thing you love find its way back home.
With over 85% of the market share, Tile devices, network and mobile app work together to help people locate more than three million unique items every day. Our global community spans 230 countries and territories, and we’re expanding more every day. We’re headquartered in San Mateo, California, and our investors include Bessemer Venture Partners, GGV Capital and Khosla Ventures.
We believe that loss should be a thing of the past, and that lending a helping hand should be effortless. We’re not here to simply connect people to things. We’re here to connect people to people, because things don’t change the world. People do.
Together we find. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.