At PagerDuty, we believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Community, Growth, Passion, Team and Trust - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture. Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Why We Need You
How You Contribute to Our Vision: Key Responsibilities
- Working alongside the other members of the monetization team, you will design and expand APIs to support new products and features, and improve workflows.
- You will build, deploy, and maintain important, highly available, scalable, and reliable production SaaS service(s).
- You will collaborate with business and product partners to architect new tools and solutions from the ground-up.
- You will have a direct impact on our growth and play a pivotal role in implementing and maintaining API integrations (e.g. Zuora) to increase our scalability and flexibility.
- You will learn new technologies and share knowledge with the rest of your team and the company as a whole.
- You will participate in your team’s on-call rotation (using PagerDuty) - triaging and addressing production issues in real-time as they arise.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- 5+ years of development experience working on customer-facing and web-based systems
- You have experience with designing, implementing, and using APIs in a service-oriented environment
- You have experience in object-oriented design and design patterns
- You have excellent communication skills working with internal stakeholders, product owners, and geographically dispersed teams
- You have 1+ years Agile Methodology experience
- You have basic linux sysadmin experience
- You are a self-starter; a reliable teammate with the ability to deliver quality projects on-time
- You have the ability to thrive in a high-intensity, rapidly changing environment, and to successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency
- Previous experience building internal business tools preferred
How We Work
PagerDuty Engineering teams are set up to be mini innovation pods. We practice what we preach
, and believe that every engineer can build great products to delight our thousands of customers.
Teams are set up to be able to achieve success autonomously while remaining accountable for results. Every team has full vertical ownership of their own services and are able to release as frequently as they want to. We practice the mantra of ‘Code It. Ship It. Own It.’ and believe that teams are most successful when they are able to own every decision in order to run their software. Every team gets to be a part of our growth by building highly resilient and durable software
that scales from our startup customers to Fortune 100 companies.