Raise is the leading digital prepaid and retail payments platform where consumers can save money and earn rewards on every purchase. With over 450 national brands partnerships, Raise offers an opportunity for retailers to redefine their customer acquisition and retention strategy through direct-to-consumer relationships that empower consumers to maximize their spending.
Since 2013, we’ve saved millions of consumers over $150 million and have received $147 million in funding from investors including Accel, PayPal, Bessemer Venture Partners and New Enterprise Associates.
About The Position
Raise is looking for a Database Engineers to join our Engineering Team. As a Database Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the performance, availability, and security of clusters of PostgreSQL instances. You will also be responsible for orchestrating upgrades, backups, and provisioning of database instances. You will also work in tandem with the other teams to help our engineers, product managers and analysts make better decisions and drive insights with data.
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
- Work with Data Scientists, Software Engineers, and various business groups to implement solutions using an iterative approach.
- Troubleshooting performance issues.
- Develop simple automation scripts to streamline common database procedures
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong proficiency in MySQL and PostgreSQL database management
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Knowledge of MySQL and PostgreSQL features, such as extension, Partitioning, Indexes and procedures, Autovacuum, stats collection, etc.
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Proficiency in analyzing slow queries and connection optimization
- Familiarity with AWS and Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform, strong plus
- High attention to detail and constructive attitude in peer code reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or comparable experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(K) plan, company paid short term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy
- Raise Gives Back, paid time off for volunteering
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid parental leave
- Credits for employees
- Company provided breakfast, coffee and soda
- Voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance and Identity Protection