Raise is the leading digital prepaid and retail payments platform where consumers can save money and earn rewards on every purchase. With over 450 national brands partnerships, Raise offers an opportunity for retailers to redefine their customer acquisition and retention strategy through direct-to-consumer relationships that empower consumers to maximize their spending.
Since 2013, we’ve saved millions of consumers over $150 million and have received $147 million in funding from investors including Accel, PayPal, Bessemer Venture Partners and New Enterprise Associates.
About The Position
Raise is looking for an DevSecOps Engineer to join our Security team. In this position, you will work alongside our platform engineering team, which is responsible for designing and implementing our cloud infrastructure to support our next generation microservices platform. In this position, you will lead the security design of our cloud infrastructure and associated technologies to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our data and applications. The ideal candidate has a diverse hands-on technical background in systems and network management, specializing in cloud technologies, and has a passion for security.
- Lead the overall security design and implementation of our AWS infrastructure and services
- Collaborate closely with Engineering to align the needs of the Security team with existing processes and procedures.
- Assess, review and audit application, network, host and service configurations to ensure security best practices
- Identify, research and implement technical solutions to address security concerns, improve auditability or improve efficiency of our infrastructure or employees.
- Own and support AWS infrastructure and tools implemented for security needs.
- Work across the technology organization to promote process improvements to increase the security of our infrastructure
Skills & Qualifications
- Extensive experience managing and securing Amazon Web Services in a large-scale, high concurrency environment
- Experience hardening Linux containers and tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong background working in Linux/Unix environments
- Demonstrable proficiency with one or more scripting languages (Ruby, Python, bash, etc)
- Extensive experience with “infrastructure as code” and automation/configuration management tools such as Terraform, Chef, Ansible as well as the selection process around these tools
- Strong understanding of network concepts including TCP/IP, HTTP and TLS, DDoS detection/prevention, and network and host anomaly detection through both automated (NIDS/HIDS) and manual means.
- Familiarity with SSO/SAML utilizing Microsoft ADFS, Active Directory or Google OAuth
- 5+ years working in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to communicate technical concepts, possibilities and limitations to a non-technical audience
- High attention to detail and constructive attitude in peer code reviews or other collaborative methods
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or comparable experience
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect, CISSP or similar certification is a plus!
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(K) plan, company paid short term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy
- Raise Gives Back, paid time off for volunteering
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid parental leave
- Credits for employees
- Company provided breakfast, coffee and soda