Raise is the leading digital prepaid and retail payments platform where consumers can save money and earn rewards on every purchase. With over 450 national brands partnerships, Raise offers an opportunity for retailers to redefine their customer acquisition and retention strategy through direct-to-consumer relationships that empower consumers to maximize their spending.
Since 2013, we’ve saved millions of consumers over $150 million and have received $147 million in funding from investors including Accel, PayPal, Bessemer Venture Partners and New Enterprise Associates.
About the Position
We are seeking an exceptional individual to join Raise to help develop and expand relationships with our merchant partners. Raise is a fast-paced startup, so we value a bias for action and ability to think creatively in building offers for our merchants. This role requires intelligence, ambition, curiosity, sales skills, and ability to operate independently.
Raise is building out our merchant affiliate sales team and you would be one of the first to help us expand this channel. With our large and engaged user base, we are selling merchant partners on the ability to target our audience with unique offers that are redeemed through technology they already have. Thus, the role requires understanding of national retail and other vertical partners across the United States and you will need to deliver high quality and impact marketing solutions to fit their needs. While our entry point is generally the affiliate channel, a successful candidate should also have the ability to expand to other marketers (for example, CRM and acquisition marketers) as our solution is unique in the marketplace.
- Work as the single point of contact between Raise and our retail partners. This could involve up to 20% travel when in-person meetings are required
- Meet and exceed goals on revenue and merchant satisfaction
- Respond to merchant and advertiser inquiries, sell media placements, stay up to date the needs of your portfolio of client relationships
- Work in tandem with our gift card sales team to create packages of offers for placement and other targeted promotions to our consumers (for example, in-store mobile offers, commission rate increases, email placements)
- Analyze campaign performance, identify areas to improve, and recommend ways to increase our merchant partner revenue
- Prepare merchants for their campaign launches
- Work cross-functionally with product and technology teams to scope out new products and services to meet our partner needs such as special tracking, reporting, or technical integrations
- Provide regular updates on pipeline development as well as merchant performance
Skills & Qualifications
- Attention to detail and able to manage multiple workstreams in parallel
- Sales experience, ideally 3+ years and affiliate sales experience highly preferred. Candidates must have demonstrated ability to consistently hit and exceed sales goals
- Experience with national retailers and working with marketing executives a plus
- Strong problem solving, with a proven ability to develop recommendations to grow an account
- Previous experience in a fast-moving sales or technology company
- Basic understanding of ROI, marketing metrics such as CPA and CPM, and customer demographics
- Proficient in Salesforce.com, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs
- BS degree in marketing, business or related field
- Excellent references from former clients and employers
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(K) plan, company paid short term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy
- Raise Gives Back, paid time off for volunteering
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid parental leave
- Credits for employees
- Company provided snacks, coffee and soda
- Voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance and Identity Protection