Accounting Manager at Candid Co.
Columbus, OH, US
Candid™ is helping people get the smiles they always wanted at prices they can afford. By simplifying the process (direct-to-consumer) and reducing costs (by up to 65% less), we can help more people feel confident and healthy. We believe that high quality dental care should be affordable and accessible to all, and we're using modern software practices to diagnose, treat, and monitor orthodontic cases. Our team is a group of startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, Squarespace, WeWork, Blue Apron, and Clover Health.
We're looking for an Accounting Manager to join the Candid™ team. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. As a hands-on manager, you will build systems and controls while managing and mentoring a team of junior accountants. This position addresses accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. You will report directly to our Controller in our NYC HQ.
What You’ll Do
- Drive monthly, quarterly and year-end closings including: performing reconciliations on key accounts, cash receipts and disbursements and general ledger analysis
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
- Establish appropriate controls and procedures to manage, identify and substantiate any reserves as it relates. Identify, document and operationalize accounting treatment for such reserves.
- Partner cross-functionally with Engineering, Operations and Marketing to improve procure to pay process, identify opportunities for improved processes and deliver relevant financial information to key team members
- Assist in preparation of departmental and studio P&Ls for Senior Management review
- Manage, motivate and supervise team to create best practices for the Finance team
- Assist in selection and implementation of new ERP that successfully integrates with multiple platforms
- Provide Senior Management with financial reporting information and operational support
- Participate in completion of all external audit activities and audit preparation
What You’ll Need
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, and/or relevant field with a combination of experience of 6-8 years in accounting management
- Preferably have a CPA but it is not required. Big 4 accounting firm experience a plus
- Have technical knowledge base of revenue recognition and inventory accounting treatments
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to interact and interface with all levels of management (both written and verbal)
- Are a strong leader with a proven track record in management who leads by example and hits delivery dates on or ahead of schedule
- Experience in Xero, NetSuite (including implementation), Looker, Bill.com, Expensify and SQL a plus!
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Parking provided
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning