Senior Accountant at Acceleron Pharma
Cambridge, MA, US
Acceleron is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. The Company's leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair.
Acceleron focuses its research and development efforts in hematologic, neuromuscular, and pulmonary diseases. In hematology, the Company and its global collaboration partner, Celgene, are developing luspatercept for the treatment of chronic anemia in myelodysplastic syndromes, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. Acceleron is also advancing its neuromuscular program with ACE-083, a locally-acting Myostatin+ agent in Phase 2 development in facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy and Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease and is conducting a Phase 2 pulmonary program with sotatercept in pulmonary arterial hypertension.
What’s in it for you?
As a part of the Finance/Accounting team, you will drive the clinical trial accounting function, as well as assist with general ledger accounting and reporting, SEC reporting, and technical accounting. You will interact with all levels of Company management, collaborating with the Company’s Clinical Operations and R&D organizations. The Finance/Accounting team is a fun and supportive group that works diligently to achieve its goals. If you are excited to make visible contributions by methodically managing competing priorities and employing technical expertise, then this role could be a great fit for you!
What will you be doing?
- Perform monthly close activities, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of various balance sheet and P&L accounts, as well as performance of analytical reviews related to clinical trials, bioanalytical, and toxicology as needed
- Develop and maintain models for clinical activities by teaming cross-functionally with clinical operations, medical research, and other business partners, as well as reviewing contracts and general ledger activity
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual SEC filings, financial statements, and other management reports
- Assist in the maintenance of an effective system of controls and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Participate in process improvement activities including enhancing current financial processes, and leverage technology to increase effectiveness
- Interact with vendors, including CROs, and internal stakeholders and provide excellent customer service
- Conduct technical accounting research and assist with ad hoc projects as they may arise
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Minimum of 4+ years of progressive experience in an accounting environment, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotech or related health-care industry
- Experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm and CPA preferred
- Exposure to accounting for clinical trials preferred
- Must possess a strong knowledge of accounting principles, including GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Strong analytical and Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel
- Experience with ERP systems; Oracle Fusion preferred
- Attention to detail and accuracy and ability to manage time effectively
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities with deadlines, without sacrificing quality
- Must demonstrate leadership and initiative and be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Embrace our core values: Team collaboration, Accelerating drug discovery, Commitment to patients, Employee development
How will you grow with us?
Our active pipeline and fast pace provides an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team and take on a hands-on role where you will be able to significantly contribute to the strategy and initiatives within the Finance group. With key regulatory milestones approaching for its lead product candidate, and other pipeline assets advancing in the clinic, Acceleron is entering one of the most exciting periods in its history. This opportunity will allow you to develop your skills by taking on new challenges and partnering with sharp and dedicated team members who will motivate and support you. Join our team and apply today!
*In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.