Business Analyst at Acceleron Pharma
Cambridge, MA, US
Acceleron is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. The Company's leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body's ability to regulate cellular growth and repair.
Acceleron focuses its research and development efforts in hematologic, neuromuscular, and pulmonary diseases. In hematology, the Company and its global collaboration partner, Celgene, are developing luspatercept for the treatment of chronic anemia in myelodysplastic syndromes, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. Acceleron is also advancing its neuromuscular program with ACE-083, a locally-acting Myostatin+ agent in Phase 2 development in facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy and Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease and is conducting a Phase 2 pulmonary program with sotatercept in pulmonary arterial hypertension.
What’s in it for you?
Acceleron Pharma is seeking a process-oriented Oracle Cloud Business Analyst who will drive the operational execution of the Financials and Projects Modules, including General Ledger, Sub-Ledger Accounting (SLA), Fixed Assets, Cash Management, Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables, along with ensuring the successful interface to and from other Oracle modules, such as Inventory and Cost Management, Purchasing, and OTL. As part of our applications team, you will participate in deploying projects and ensuring successful execution.
What will you be doing?
- Work in partnership with the business to understand and document its business processes, issues, challenges and opportunities
- Work with the IT team to get the necessary solutions in place to support business processes
- Provide short-term, mid-term, and long-term solutions to business issues
- Document clear requirements, prepare functional design documents, monitor project progress, and test solutions prior to release to users for further user testing and certification
- Coordinate testing with end users
- Prepare training materials and provide user training for new processes
- Maintain appropriate documentation
- Ensure effective support for Oracle solutions
- Use Oracle Support to research new functionality, troubleshoot problems and escalate into Service Requests as needed
- Act as a consultant to business counterparts to improve the usage of existing system solutions
- Identify improvements to be made to existing solutions and processes
- Ensure proper application management practices are in place
- Provide customer service to the assigned business groups and ensure escalated operational needs are met
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of 3 years as an Oracle Business Analyst or similar role, supporting Oracle Cloud Financial Applications, including General Ledger, Sub-Ledger Accounting (SLA), Fixed Assets, and Cash Management. Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Projects experience is a plus
- Experience with one or more Oracle Cloud modules, Finance, Projects, Payroll is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance/Accounting, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. MBA is a plus
- Experience with interfaces between Oracle Cloud and external applications
- Demonstrated solid understanding of business processes; prior business-level experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to improve procedures and standards, ensuring quality and delivery of service to customers
- Demonstrated ability to document clear business requirements and solutions needed to meet business needs and to translate them into functional designs for Oracle, 3rd party add-ons, extensions and interfaces. Experience with Oracle AIM or OUM methodology preferred
- Demonstrated ability to perform effective prioritization and drive results with a high emphasis on quality and attention to detail
- Solid understanding of best practices in ERP usage and ability to bring a consulting approach to help business solve issues and challenges
- Demonstrated Problem Management Root Cause Analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and relationships with business users and leaders
- Experience in creating reports using OTBI Analytics cloud
- Must be highly analytical and have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to cultivate relationships with key internal stakeholders throughout the IT and business organizations
- Experience with Oracle Projects module
- Experience with Dell Boomi
- Technical skills, including writing SQL and PL/SQL queries, using TOAD, Business Process Modeling (BPM) and XML Publisher, Smartview, ADFDI, FBDI
How will you grow with us?
With key regulatory milestones approaching for its lead product candidate, and other pipeline assets advancing in the clinic, Acceleron is entering one of the most exciting periods in its history. This will be a time of dynamic growth, requiring timely, strategic decision making and execution. In this dynamic role, you will drive the integration of applications critical to the success of certain business goals. You will be exposed to applications common in the life sciences industry and will be a part of integrating new, innovative technologies into the company. If you would like to work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing company that values teamwork, collaboration, and commitment to patients, then join our team!
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.