The Strategic Alliances Manager impacts Zapier’s growth by attracting and forging deep partnerships with our main ecosystem partners like Google, Facebook, Microsoft, etc. and driving the mass distribution of Zapier’s products to their user bases. The purpose of this role is to find creative new ways to enable our partners to introduce automation (Zapier) to their users in simple, contextual ways that delight the user and provide a stickier product for our partners. Ideal candidates will be product-first thinkers, able to quickly size up user experiences and identify creative ways to introduce Zapier to those ecosystems that also have track records of creating and navigating complex, win-win partnerships with B2B SaaS partners.
As a Strategic Alliances Manager, you will be a motivated individual who thrives on deal-making in a SaaS environment and enjoys working cross-functionally in a polished manner. You should relish diving into product roadmaps and APIs and be ready to take your expertise to the global stage of Zapier.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
We encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
- 5+ years of Partnership/Business Development experience focused in the B2B SaaS space
- Experience executing complex, multi-stakeholder partnerships - you are energized by navigating a large organization, finding a way to make a partnership work, and seeing the deal through to success
- Existing relationships and experience working with the world’s top SaaS providers (e.g. Google, Facebook, Microsoft, etc.)
- You can find and nurture new opportunities - developing strategy, finding partners, working with product, and going-to-market are normal activities for you
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, ability to present work at an executive level
- Technical expertise - you know your way around APIs, product roadmaps, and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty
- Product person at heart - you have an attuned ear at being able to hear partners needs, translate those into product requirements, and share those with Zapier’s internal teams
Things You’ll Do
- Manage relationships with some of the world’s top SaaS partners and identify creative ways to grow Zapier’s presence within their ecosystem
- Attract new partners who have the ability to drive significant growth
- Explore and create new partnership models required to attract the right type of partner opportunities
- Present detailed suggestions and plans for deeper partnership to our partners’ business development, product, and engineering teams
- Work cross-functionally with Zapier’s internal product and engineering teams to build out necessary integrations/implementations and be the ear-to-the-ground for funneling relevant partner feedback and ideas
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, every week help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
For the past seven years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Pacific Standard Time
If you want to work remote, that's great. If you want to work near others, that's cool too. Our team of 200+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.