Under the general supervision of the AVP, Business Development, the Lead Ambassador serves as a liaison between prospects and financial advisors across the country, educating prospects on United Capital’s financial life management tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position-specific duties and/or duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
- Communicate with prospective clients to gather relevant information via phone and email.
- Facilitates communication between prospective clients, financial advisors, and operations staff.
- Leverages United Capital’s customer relationship management (CRM) tool to log and record prospecting activity in Salesforce.
- Consistently meets or exceeds individual productivity targets.
- Recommends and develops ways to effectively and efficiently improve current processes.
- Learns and demonstrates mastery of:
- United Capital and the services we provide
- What makes a prospective client a fit for our services
- Our marketing procedures
- Best practices for successfully calling on prospective clients
- Performs other duties and assignments as needed
● Ability to sit at desk for prolonged periods of time.
● Ability to operate a wide range of office technology, such as computer, copier and fax machine.
● Ability to read documents, reports, etc.
● Ability to answer phones and communicate with callers.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred (majors to include: finance, business, economics, or a related field)
- A minimum of one year of sales and relationship management experience
- Previous experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Previous experience with CRM platforms preferred
- Previous experience in high-volume sales or appointment setting preferred
Required Skills & Competencies:
▪ Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) at an intermediate level; Google Apps is highly desired.
▪ Prior experience with customer relationship management (CRM) software preferred, Salesforce a plus
▪ Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment
▪ Professional and articulate oral and written communication, including phone & email etiquette
▪ Strong ability to cooperate and work collaboratively towards solutions.
▪ Deals constructively with setbacks and maintains a positive outlook in difficult situations; comfortable receiving feedback and coaching
▪ Ability to follow a defined process to ensure that all activity and communication is documented and updated
▪ Excellent time management and organizational skills, able to work independently as a member of the team
▪ Ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of Growth Programs within the company.
▪ Strong internal and external customer service focus.
▪ The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
▪ Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
▪ Reliable and proven track record of personal integrity, honesty and ability to deal with confidential information Comfortable working at all levels of the organization.
▪ Ability to demonstrate a high level of decision making, initiative, and independent judgment.