Spire Global is a 160-person space data company founded in 2012. In less than six years, Spire has built one of the world's largest satellite constellations, and we're just getting started. Due to this continued growth, we are seeking a Senior RF Engineer to join our Communication team in the Glasgow office.
The Senior RF Engineer will contribute to hardware design, modeling, test, and evaluation of the satellite communication module which includes radios and antennas.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Evaluate mission requirements and top-level RF system design
- Component selection and circuit level design and simulation where required; including transceivers and antennas for UHF, S- and X-bands.
- Management of RF modules through production & test
- RF module test and fault-find at bench level, environmental level (EMC and thermal vacuum testing) and spacecraft level
- Lead the verification process for testing new and existing systems
- Develop systems documentation, test plans, and operational procedures
- Provide technical consultancy support to software engineering, payloads, operations, and manufacturing teams
- BSc, MSc or Ph.D. degree in Telecommunications, Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering.
- 5 years or more of working experience on design, development, and testing of RF systems.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art RF analog and (high-speed) digital signal processing techniques and technologies.
- Hands-on simulation, design and manufacturing experience and fault finding during test.
- Experience with laboratory or field testing with relevant technical equipment.
- Promote cooperation and team-work.
- Demonstration of problem-solving skills and solution-oriented approaches in dealing with challenges.
- Being flexible & adaptable to changing priorities.
- Being highly organised with clear communication skills.
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Antenna design
- Link budgeting
- Spectrum management
- SDR experience (Ettus USRPs)