Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The HR Business Partner, R&D is a key member of the People Business Partners team in helping our Leaders and Execs achieve organizational success at scale. We are looking for an experienced, commercially-oriented BP who excels in key areas of thought partnership, problem solving, and strategic thinking. Reporting to the Associate Manager of Business Partners for R&D, you will play an integral role in supporting and driving critical business initiatives and HR processes for Intercom’s rapidly growing R&D Teams globally.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Be an embedded and strategic thought partner to Managers and levels above in matters related to organizational planning, employee engagement, employee relations, performance management, etc.
- Contribute to strategy of the R&D business functions; provide input into the overall People Org Strategy and roadmap
- Support Managers and Leaders through ongoing and cyclical people related programs such as performance, talent management and compensation
- Drive and contribute to People Team goals and projects locally and globally
- Apply your unique skill set and experience to help the business realize its objectives; deliver direct value to the organization
- Translate business needs and goals into personal and team actions
- Coach leaders and people managers to proactively manage employees and provide advice and guidance on varying employee topics and issues
- Partner with leadership on talent and retention measures, always seeking to improve processes that ensure legal compliance
- Keeping up to date on employment law and current best practices to help better facilitate the employee experience
- Other projects, as needed
- Travel will be required to the US potentially once a quarter and the UK potentially once a month.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 3 + years experience in a business partner function specifically as a BP, preferably in a tech start-up environment, ideally supporting R&D functions
- Proven partnering skills and ability to build deep relationships with your business areas and supporting a diverse group of managers and leaders
- Deep commercial understanding and a willingness to share your experience and perspective
- Ability to take business goals/priorities and translate them into initiatives
- Consultative approach to strategic partnership
- Able to combine great people intuition, business judgement and discretion in your decision-making
- Proven experience in conflict resolution and management practices within a complex and matrixed environment
- Successful track record of implementing HR processes, employee resourcing performance management and change management
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal), exemplary client service skills, the ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities and adapt to a fluid, high-growth environment
- Knowledge of HR compliance regulations, employment laws, and industry best practices
- Team player with a sense of ownership and “get things done” attitude - self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced and self-directed environment
- Values and respects confidentiality
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Relevant HR or similar qualifications
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch and dinner every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas