WiredScore is a property tech company that works with the top landlords, brokers, and tenants to identify & promote buildings with great digital infrastructure. To do this we launched the Wired Certification rating system, the first and only certification for internet connectivity in office buildings. Our 1500+ certified buildings are spread across 30+ cities in six countries -- the US, Canada, Ireland, UK, France, and Germany -- and our clients are the biggest and best building owners in the world; we drive value to clients by evaluating, recommending, and marketing the technology attributes of buildings to tenants.
We are proud to be working with Bessemer Venture Partners and Fifth Wall Ventures as our partners and investors as we continue to expand our business to new countries and new verticals.
The Solutions Engineer will be at the forefront of shaping how digital infrastructure is built across North America. In partnership with the business development lead in your market, you will help educate the local commercial real estate market on advancements in connectivity and work hand in hand with our clients (landlords and developers) to help them navigate and future-proof their digital infrastructure.
This role resides on the Operations team and reports to our Director of Engineering. As part of the Operations team, this role will be responsible for managing certifications and advising clients through our suite of services. This role will work closely with business development in growing key accounts by helping to educate the market, bringing technical expertise to sales meetings and providing value to both prospects and clients alike. The role will look to stay abreast of new technologies and developments in connectivity and use that knowledge to educate, advise and service clients and prospects as well as the real estate architecture, ISP and engineering community.
You will be responsible for:
- Building market awareness by developing forward thinking content on trends in technology and joining Business Development to present the content across the market
- Generating advocates for Wired Certification by building relationship with project management firms, engineering firms, architects and ISPs
- Supporting business development in sales meetings by bringing technical knowledge to the table and advising prospects
- Building relationships with regional ISPs, architects, engineers and contractors to support the Wired Certification process and help deliver value to our clients
- Executing technical requests and advisory work pre, mid and post-sale for regional clients
- Creating and issuing Wired Certifications for both existing buildings and new developments
- Working internally with the Business Development and Client Success teams to ensure clients understand and utilize their Wired Certifications
- Supporting the creation of new Wired Certification verticals such as residential, hotel, retail and others as required.
- Working with and training our third-party engineers to audit buildings and produce reports
What you need to succeed:
- 5+ years of telecommunications and/or engineering experience with relevant telecommunications and network engineering know-how:
- Familiarity with outside plant and in-building network design
- Comfort identifying cabling and distribution equipment and supporting infrastructure within buildings
- Ability to interpret building floor plans and telecom diagrams
- Residential connectivity knowledge a plus
- Wireless knowledge a plus
- Electrical knowledge a plus
- 2+ years of strong client-service background with experience communicating complicated topics to non-experts.
- Experience supporting accounts and working directly with sales and clients
- Knowledge of cutting edge technologies relating to the design and operations of buildings (smart and intelligent building concepts)
- AutoCAD, IBwave, BIM and other building software knowledge a plus
- Superior project management skills with a demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities
- Passion and ability to work in a fast paced, start-up and team environment under tight timelines
- Opinion/ Perspective on tech trends
Compensation: Competitive salary, bonus, benefits, flexible vacation policy, and an opportunity to earn equity ownership interest in the company
Location: Boston and Dallas