Assistant General Counsel at Candid
New York, US
Candid™ is helping people get the smiles they always wanted at prices they can afford. By simplifying the process (direct-to-consumer) and reducing costs (by up to 65% less), we can help more people feel confident and healthy. We believe that high quality dental care should be affordable and accessible to all, and we're using modern software practices to diagnose, treat, and monitor orthodontic cases. Our team is a group of startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, Squarespace, WeWork, Blue Apron, and Clover Health.
We are looking for an attorney to join the Candid™ team as Assistant General Counsel. You will lead legal implementation of our national roll-out, design and provide training programs, and manage policies and procedures. You’ll also help to improve our quality management, oversee ongoing projects, and coordinate legal function with stakeholders.
This individual will have the opportunity to research legal issues key to the growth of our business and develop solutions, as well as work with operational groups to drive implementation. As a startup with, this role will have plenty of opportunities for growth and additional responsibilities.
You will partner primarily with the General Counsel and the VP of Compliance, Regulatory and IP. You will also work closely with our VP of Government Relations and our Human Resources team. The role reports directly to our General Counsel in our NYC HQ.
What You’ll Do
- Work with our development team and outside counsel for retail locations
- Assist in the legal implementation of our national network of orthodontists
- Build and maintain databases of business entities, policies, procedures and contracts
- Oversee and implement internal reviews of programs
- Develop and implement training programs in quality and compliance by working closely with Human Resources on related issues
- Stay knowledgeable of local regulatory changes and work with leadership to develop communications with regulators
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years of legal practice experience
- Experience coordinating deal teams or shepherding transactions
- Experience working cross-functionally with different teams in a business
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Knowledge of health care regulatory preferred but not required
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to work - across the street from 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W trains, and around the block from the F and M
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning