Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
As a Software Developer, Co-op at Clio, you will be working on a revolutionary SaaS product gaining experience with Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, React Native, native mobile development, MySQL, Redis, and ElasticSearch. You will be coached and mentored by some of the best developers in the business and working on some of the most challenging problems that a rapid growth venture-backed company can face.
We are looking for the next wave of Clions to be part of our success story! Applicants should be available for a 8 month co-op period from January 2020 to August 2020. We will be accepting applications throughout September.
Who You Are:
- You’ve completed your second year coursework and are a 3rd or 4th year Computer Science/Engineering student;
- You are a rational and critical thinker who seeks solutions when you find problems;
- Excellent computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms; programming languages, SQL;
- Superb communication skills written, verbal, and spoken.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Contributing software code to the Clio suite of products;
- Participating as a contributing member of a Clio development team, including:
- Scoping and planning future development work.
- Regularly reporting progress and blockers.
- Collaboration with other members of the development organization.
- Engaging in regular reviews of submitted work, and contributing to reviews of the work of others.
- Contributing to feature development and generating software fixes for customer issues.
- Engaging in team- and company-based initiatives and discussions;
- Participating in a rotating role of coordinating product support;
- Receiving and providing feedback on an ongoing basis;
- Learning and growing towards a career as a professional software developer.
Nice To Haves:
- Bring new ideas to the table to help make our environment better;
- Be constantly experimenting and learning outside the school curriculum;
- Help contribute to our culture. Board Game nights, Ping Pong, Street Fighter 2, beach volleyball league (on-premise), dodgeball team, whatever! Your contributions are welcome.
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.
You must be eligible to work in Canada.