As a Technical Writer you will become an important member of the Documentation Team. You will be the lead technical writer for assigned product areas, which include all documentation for new features and documentation updates.
You will join a team of talented tech writers who work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, and usability experts to make our products easier to use. You will take ownership of key documentation areas, assist the team with documentation updates, and contribute to the maintenance of the ServiceTitan knowledge base.
As our Technical Writer, you will:
- Produce with Impact: Produce high impact documentation that helps drive self-service and efficiency for our end users and internal employees
- Identify & Track: Help the documentation team to track and identify documentation areas impacted by UI changes and new features
- Audit & Optimize: Participate in audits of existing documentation to ensure optimization of content architecture and accuracy of content
- Write: Write easy-to-understand and customer-facing user guides and help article; work with Product Managers and internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and documentation requirements
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Communications, Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields.
- Prior experience in technical writing, professional editing, or grant writing (2 years preferred).
- Prior experience with software development (2 years preferred) or educational equivalent.
- Superb grammar and spelling.
- Keen eye and attention to detail.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Advanced logic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize and simplify large amounts of data and multi-tiered processes.
- Ability to work autonomously on assigned tasks and coordinate multiple ongoing projects.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and JIRA. Demonstrated ability to learn new software and technical skills.
Preferred Skills (if you have one of the following skills, this will be significant bonus)
- Experience in a support role or experience in curriculum development.
- Experience with MadCap Flare or other single-source authoring tools.
- Knowledge of home services industries (plumbing, electrical, HVAC).
- Please submit a writing portfolio (3-5 writing samples).
- The writing portfolio must demonstrate the ability to produce efficient and clearly written customer-facing and/or internal documentation. A diverse writing portfolio that includes online content and data visualization is preferred. The writing portfolio should exhibit the candidate's ability to understand and implement content architecture and/or presentation of complex concepts.