Do you want to work at a company that provides autonomy, ownership of interesting and challenging problems, and the ability to work on different things every day? Do you want to be surrounded by exceedingly smart and supportive co-workers who encourage each other to do better every day? Do you want to work at a company that is humbly Canadian — but damn proud of it? If this sounds like you, read on.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform
, our legal client relationship management (CRM),
our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report
or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference
, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies
, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers
for three years in a row
, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year
and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies
We are currently seeking a Software Developer to join our Product team in Calgary. We want someone who wants to make an impact on their peers, the product, and our customers. You would have a major impact on our architecture as we are taking our large monolithic Rails app and modularizing it. You’d be working on a product used by tens of thousands of lawyers and ensuring they get organized and focused on their practice.
- Designing, building, deploying, and supporting large-scale applications on the server side
- Ability to write clean code
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Experience with SQL
- Experience and interest in web application security
- Experience and interest in performance, load, and scalability issues
Nice if you had:
- Experience with Rails and Ruby on Rails, Angular.js, Typescript or React Native
- Experience scaling from thousands of users to hundreds of thousands of users
Being a Clion:
- You are curious and are always striving to improve yourself
- You have a desire to learn
- You are a rational and critical thinker
- You seek solutions when you find problems
- You lead through your example
- You are a humble team player
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you’re looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent in Canada and beyond:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives. This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, 4 weeks vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you’ll ever work with
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.