Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform, our legal client relationship management (CRM), our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere. With the help of the cloud, we make lawyers’ lives simpler and help them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 400 individuals with a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of CIX’s Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies, one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for three years in a row, and has one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Additionally, for the last two years, we have been recognized on Deloitte's Fast50 Fast500 lists and were awarded Tech Culture of the Year and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2019.
Who you are:
- You are an active, eager learner in pursuit of hard problems.
- You are curious by nature and love to dig deep on problems, always asking “Why?”.
- You communicate in a clear and concise manner, regardless of medium (text, voice, and in-person).
- You are a rational and critical thinker, with an inclination for evidence-based decision making.
- You have a team-first mentality and will naturally step in to support co-workers when you perceive them to be in difficulty.
What you'll be doing:
- You will be creating, improving, and maintaining a globally distributed mesh of Clio service regions that acts as a foundation for each of our clients across the world to excel within their respective jurisdictions.
- You will be nurturing and evolving the development ecosystem at Clio by providing the tools, infrastructure, and services that our developers rely on to transform the practice of law, for good.
- You’ll be recognizing opportunities for process improvement or automation and then writing clean, maintainable code in order to erase the manual task or nullify the pain point.
What you should have:
This is not a check-list to be satisfied. If you have experience or interest in some of these areas, we’d love to hear from you and encourage you to apply.
- Experience writing clean, maintainable code.
- Experience administering Debian GNU/Linux hosts.
- Experience working with containerized services.
- Experience working with cloud resources on the common cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
Serious bonus points if you have:
- Experience managing hosts with Puppet.
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience developing with Ruby or GoLang.
- Experience managing AWS resources with CloudFormation.
- Experience scripting with BASH.
- Experience administering any of: Elasticsearch, Kafka, MySQL, Redis.
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.
You must be eligible to work in Canada.