Field Developers work closely with Verato’s customers, sales engineers, and customer success team to help integrate Verato’s technology with systems and technologies present at our customers’ sites. Their primary responsibility is to enable Verato’s customers to quickly derive maximum value from Verato’s advanced functional capabilities in the realm of identity resolution. Occasional travel to customer sites will be required.
The role of a Field Developer goes beyond implementing software adapters or SDKs to interface with the customers’ systems. They must engage deeply with customers to understand the functional and technical requirements, and then collaborate with them on architecting workflows and components that satisfy the ultimate business objectives.
Field Developers at Verato have the unique opportunity to be at the forefront of the creation of a new technology and a new product that will disrupt an existing market. They will be able to witness how new products are conceived, market-tested, and evolved, and they will play a key role in identifying and prototyping product enhancements that should be incorporated into Verato’s core offering. Verato is an invaluable experience for entrepreneur-oriented developers who want to develop new products.
To fulfill the responsibilities of this position, the following is required:
- BS or MS in Computer Science.
- 5 years of experience in a software development role with customer-facing responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Java, OOD/OOP, and design patterns.
- Proficiency implementing and calling RESTful and SOAP web services using JSON and XML.
- Experience with server-side web development (e.g. Tomcat, Struts, Spring, MVC).
- Experience with one or more Master Patient Index (MPI) / Electronic Health Record (EHR) / Master Data Management (MDM) technologies; for example: Initiate, Cerner, Epic, Mirth.
- Knowledge of Healthcare Integration standards and technologies, including HL7, IHE’s PIX/PDQ, FHIR, and commercial interface engines.
- Practitioner of Agile, Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration.
- Strong knowledge of secure coding best practices.
- Proficient with Linux.
- Proven record of delivery of high-quality, readable code, along with corresponding documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer-oriented, can-do attitude.
- Ability to adapt to new development environments and evolving business requirements.
- Experience with AWS will be a positive differentiator.