With over 10 million active families and $90 million in venture funding, Life360 is the world’s largest mobile app for families. Today, we are very focused on location sharing and safety, but our mission is to become the must-have Family Membership that gives families peace of mind anytime and anywhere.
Our team is focused on building technology that helps families feel safe and together even when they are outside of the home and apart. From personalized location-based alerts that help make daily coordination easier, to advanced sensor tech that can detect if you are in a car crash and automatically send you an ambulance, we are leveraging smartphones to their fullest extent to reinvent how families get through the day.
You will be joining Life360 at a key moment in our history. We doubled active users and tripled revenue in 2017, and we are scaling our team to accommodate this rapid growth. We currently have 75 full-time employees, with offices in San Francisco, Las Vegas, and San Diego.
About the Job
We're looking for a strong product manager to build and manage the location experience in the Life360 service. From its start, Life360 has been a location company at the core - helping to locate family members in real time on a map along with providing location history - delivering peace of mind to parents and kids alike, around the world. From this base, we have built a places architecture that helps identify where a family member is dwelling and allows for alerts when family members come and go. With billions of location data points collected daily, where we can take the location experience of Life360 is infinite. Leveraging machine learning/data science, we can begin to add location intelligence to the daily experience for our user. Taking our user locations and providing greater context around those locations they are less familiar with can really help families rest at ease. And location is a great starting point for many other types of coordination experiences such as To-Do lists, reminders and messaging. The entire location space is taking off with the proliferation of mobile devices, and Life360 is at the forefront in developing meaningful location experiences for consumers.
- Build and manage the location/places strategy for the company
- Provide ongoing product management leadership for the location engineering team
- Consistently monitor and improve the core location user metrics for the company
- Drive ruthless focus on user experience product excellence
- Deeply understand use needs around location & places through focus groups, research and data/analytics
- Explore additional coordination features tied to location signals - such as messaging, lists, reminders
- Be a strong and powerful voice across the company for the location experience
- 5+ years experience in product management
- Prior roles in consumer - B2C products
- Ideally, experience in the location/places tech space, but not required
- Experience in mobile apps (iOS and Android)
- Experience in premium business models/products
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Prior working knowledge of Agile
We're a startup, which means that you'll be part of a tightly knit and highly driven team. Some days will be busy, other days will be even busier. But it's never boring, and the work is stimulating. We're looking for someone who is a star in their own right and can inspire others but at the same time, roll up their sleeves and own key components of the business.
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay with generous equity
- Free snacks, drinks, and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- The computer of your choice
- Health, dental, 401k and various other benefits
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great dog-friendly office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA