About your role:
As part of the video team, the Video Production Intern will play an integral and educational role in helping support all aspects of video production across the FANDOM network. The production intern will serve as the primary aid for FANDOM’s team of video producers, assisting in pre-production, production, post-production, and delivery, as needed.
The intern may also work on different kinds of programs and projects related to video initiatives, and will usually be involved throughout various stages of the project, working alongside everyone from conception to completion.
Your duties as Video Production Intern…
- Assist shooters, editors, and producers for all projects - duties ranging from studio set up and strike, lighting, inventory, pulling b-roll and selects, and assembly edits
- Participate in production meetings with various departments (editorial and sales) to discuss potential video projects
- Uploading media to content management system as well as FANDOM YouTube channel
- Attendance at conventions and entertainment events to facilitate production needs
- Ideate editorial angles and original video concepts that align with FANDOM’s voice and tone
- Maintain expert-level status by staying up on current entertainment news (movies, TV, games, etc.)
- An excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Willing to learn and take direction well
- Persistent, enthusiastic, motivated and proactive
- Able to remain calm and level headed under pressure
- Flexible, adaptable, show initiative, good common sense and problem-solving skills
- Able to prioritize and cope with last minute changes (scripts, production schedules) while under pressure
- Passionate for pop culture and love of cinema, knowledgeable of movies, TV, comics and video games
- Strong written and verbal communication
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Periodic Team Lunches and Happy Hour
- Full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options
- Employee Interest and Hobby Groups supported by the company
- Flexible working hours
- International work environment with start-up culture
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.