With over 10 million active families and $90 million in venture funding, Life360 is the world’s largest mobile app for families. Today, we are very focused on location sharing and safety, but our mission is to become the must-have Family Membership that gives families peace of mind anytime and anywhere.
Our team is focused on building technology that helps families feel safe and together even when they are outside of the home and apart. From personalized location-based alerts that help make daily coordination easier, to advanced sensor tech that can detect if you are in a car crash and automatically send you an ambulance, we are leveraging smartphones to their fullest extent to reinvent how families get through the day.
You will be joining Life360 at a key moment in our history. We doubled active users and tripled revenue in 2017, and we are scaling our team to accommodate this rapid growth. We currently have 75 full-time employees, with offices in San Francisco, Las Vegas, and San Diego.
About the Job
- Our platform team ensures that our API's are able to process tens of thousands of requests a second with the ability to scale 10x. You'll be a very active contributor to our diverse codebase.
- Engage with feature developers to ensure code is written with performance, scale, and maintainability in mind.
- Use automation tools as often as possible, and develop and improve these tools.
- Wear 2 billion requests per day like it's a comfortable pair of pants, traffic doesn't make you nervous.
You're that someone with these relevant skills:
- Code polyglot: we primarily use Java, Scala, Python, Go and PHP
- Excellent understanding of data stores, distributed systems, data modeling and their associated pitfalls.
- Agile software development experience
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team
- A desire to bring innovative solutions to the challenges of scaling the API and platform
Some of the things you'll do:
- Build services in highly performant languages such as Java/Spring
- Conduct technical and code reviews and approve pull requests
- Take specs and translate them into reality
Other things we love about you:
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience required
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional that understands the importance of craftsmanship and incremental delivery
- Comfortable with the uncertainty of working with new technologies
- Strong and clear communicator that can listen to their team as well as clearly articulate their ideas
- A sense of humor and the ability not to take yourself too seriously
- Experience developing services to support data streams
- Experience with columnar databases (Cassandra)
- Experience with AWS (EC2, S3, Kinesis, etc.)
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay with generous equity
- Free snacks, drinks, and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- The computer of your choice
- Health, dental, 401k and various other benefits
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great dog-friendly office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA