We’re Raise, a leading retail payments company and the world’s largest gift card marketplace, that connects consumers to buy discount gift cards or sell their unwanted cards for cash. We’re partnered with over 400 national brands, offering retailers a new form of digital payment, while incentivizing consumers to make their money worth more.
Since our launch in 2013, we’ve saved millions of consumers more than $140 million! and have received $147 million in funding from investors including Accel, PayPal, Bessemer Venture Partners and New Enterprise Associates. Raise is headquartered in Chicago with an office in New York.
About The Position
Raise.com is actively seeking engineers with a passion towards designing and building fast, scalable, fault-tolerant solutions in micro-services and a legacy monolithic codebase. As part of a cross-functional team aligned with Raise's marketing initiatives, you will play a key role in measurably improving our customer acquisitions and conversions, a critical piece to any consumer-facing application.
Leveraging Go, Ruby/Rails, MySQL, Postgres, Kafka and more, Backend Engineers at Raise.com are passionate about building well-designed, well-tested solutions that power Raise's web and mobile platforms. As a Senior Software Engineer you’ll play a critical role by helping define and refine our architecture, technology choices, best practices and innovative approaches to developing software. We enhance our platform across several meaningful updates rather than getting mired in long release cycles. Our focus on scale, reliability, and product agility means we work thoughtfully, iterate quickly, and choose the right tool for the job. If you are a seasoned backend engineer that is excited by complex problems and enjoy working with teams who value creativity, diversity of thought, and learning from one another - we want to speak with you!
● Participate in defining and driving key decisions about our backend architecture and practices
● Implement and maintain our marketing stack. This including our public website, analytics tools and marketing automation tools
● Maintain a split-testing framework across all marketing activities, enabling other members of the team to run experiments
● Collaborate closely with others to steer technical feature planning
● Develop procedures to solve technical problems in a maintainable, pattern-driven way
● Assist product managers and technical leads in project planning and driving technical direction
● Be a positive influencer. Share, mentor, and foster an environment where you and others can grow and share technical knowledge
● Work collaboratively with colleagues across disciplines and weigh business needs against technical concerns
● Communicate technical concepts, possibilities and limitations to a non-technical audience
Skills & Qualifications
● 5+ years of software engineering, architecture and building robust and scalable systems
● 2+ years of experience in evaluating technologies, mentoring developers, building POCs, ensuring code quality and iterative delivery
● Extensive experience with Go, Ruby/Rails, Postgres, MySQL, GRPC and Kafka preferred
● Extensive experience with distributed systems, stream processing and building business critical, highly scalable, fault-tolerant apps
● Extensive understanding and experience with software design patterns
● Extensive experience with every stage of software development process: design, architecture, deployment, code reviews, maintenance, documentation, etc.
● Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent professional experience
● Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(K) with match that is 100% vested from day one, company paid short term and long-term disability and life insurance
● Flexible Paid Time Off Policy
● Paid time off for volunteering
● Pre-tax commuter program
● 16 weeks paid maternity leave
● Paid parental leave
● Credits for employees
● Company provided snacks, coffee and soda
● Voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance and Identity Protection