computational imaging research engineer at Light.co
Bedminster, NJ, US / Redwood City, CA, US
Light is pioneering the era of the software-defined camera. Powered by sophisticated computational processes, software-defined cameras deliver intelligent, high-quality imaging at cost-effective, global scale. Light’s first product, the award-winning L16 Camera, has eliminated the quality or convenience dilemma that has plagued photographers for a century. Light’s foundational technologies, including its Lux Capacitor camera control chip and its Polar Fusion Engine for multi-image processing, are licensed for use in applications like smartphones and beyond. To learn more about Light, visitlight.co.
Want to see your impact quickly? The Computational Imaging (CI) Team welcomes innovative engineers who want to implement their inventions in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment. This is a unique opportunity to translate state-of-the-art research into consumer applications.
what you bring to Light...
- Expert level proficiency with C++ (especially for C++11 and newer)
- BSc or Masters in Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Proven track record of delivering high-performance industrial-grade imaging software
- Excellent algorithm development and optimization (complexity reduction) skills
- Fluency in parallel programming, vectorization
- Ability to work on projects with large source bases
- Strong team player
- Must be currently living in the US
even better if you have experience with...
- game development or real-time computer graphics experience
- OpenGL and GLSL/GPGPU programming
- NEON/Intel SIMD programming
- computer vision software
- must be currently living in the US
It would increase your cool factor if you...
- know how to take beautiful photos
- like to learn about new camera tech
- have a discerning eye for superb photography
oh, but there's more...
- You get your very own L16!
- You get to up-level your game as you work with world class technologists who have proven they know how to create extraordinary technology.
- We offer medical, dental, vision, life, family leave and commuter benefits.
- We value flexibility and know that it's a 2-way street. So our teammates get to enjoy our open time off policy.
- Our passion for photography is evident in everything we do from our in-house photo talks, gallery walks and other photography-obsessed events!
- Food. Yes. We eat a lot.