We are Sisense. Sisense simplifies business analytics for complex data and instantly reveals business insights from any data source, any size. We redefine every aspect of business analytics — from data preparation, analysis, and delivery of insights — making it easy to explore data and instantly get the answers needed, regardless of technical expertise. Sisense is actionable BI that delivers ROI in just weeks or months. We are obsessed with our customer's success and partner with every client to develop a true data-driven culture. Thousands of customers leverage the power of Sisense to get the insights they need, at the instant they need them.
What Are We Looking For?
Sisense is actively seeking a Staff Accountant to join the team. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for many functions inside a fast growing, scaling Accounting Department.
What You’ll Do?
- Manage revenue recognition in accordance with GAAP and company policy, while preparing for and executing on changes related to ASC 606
- Primary contributor in month end closing procedures and schedule preparation
- Proactively research and resolve billing issues and questions
- Properly account for vendor bills, obtain appropriate approvals, and manage vendor relationships
- Track and properly account for fixed assets
- Respond to auditor requests for support
- Manage the company’s expense reporting process and usage of Expensify
- Assist with managing cash flow and preparing ad hoc reports to facilitate achieving our cash management goals
- Reconcile vendor and customer statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Maintain files and documentation in an organized manner
- Streamline, automate, and instill best practices in billing and cash receipts process
- Track expenses, prepare analyses, and assist with other projects as needed
What Should You have?
- 2+ years corporate experience required;
- Big Four background preferred
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of US GAAP, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Experience with Netsuite preferred
- Strong user of Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail and respect for confidential material
- Effective verbal, listening, and written communication skills
- Very organized, excellent multi-tasker, and great time management skills
- Ability to work independently, but also as a collaborator on a team
- Excitement to be at a fast-growing, “get things done” startup