The Verato DevOps Engineer will be responsible for creating and managing our computing infrastructure supporting our SaaS offering and our internal Business Operations. He/she will work closely with the Operations team to ensure that all systems are available and performing at the expected SLAs, 24×7. He/she will also work closely with the Development team in small Agile teams to develop and maintain our build, test, and deployment automation.
DevOps Engineers will be expected to implement and stay abreast of industry best practices regarding Cloud Computing, Security, Configuration Management, Back-up, Failover, Monitoring, Alerting, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity processes. Given the size and elaborate nature of our environment, all creation and administration of our computing resources needs to be automated.
The Verato DevOps Engineer is expected to cultivate a philosophy of continuous improvement. He/she will need to strike a careful balance of advocating for adoption of new technologies and processes to optimize our operation, while emphasizing security and compliance.
To fulfill the responsibilities of this position, expertise or knowledge in the following areas is required:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree.
- 5+ years of experience with a complex 24×7 SaaS environment.
- Deep understanding of industry best practices regarding security, monitoring, configuration management, zero-downtime upgrades, disaster prevention and recovery, compliance, etc.
- Demonstrated strength in automation with python or bash scripting.
- Prior experience building an auto-scaling, fault-tolerant environment on AWS, taking advantage of the AWS CLI and DevOps Tools such as Code Deploy, Code Pipeline, etc.
- Strong experience with Linux (various distributions).
- Comfortable operating within a PCI/HIPAA/HITRUST/SOC2 -Type 2 compliant environment.
- Experience working with Security Monitoring/Threat detection infrastructure.
- Knowledge of container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS EKS.
- Experience performing configuration management through Chef a plus.
- One or more of the following certifications will be considered a strong differentiator: AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator.
- Familiarity with support of large scale databases and high volume/transaction systems.
- Knowledge of No–SQL DBs such as Mongo, DynamoDB, and search technologies such as Solr a plus.
- Result-oriented, driven, positive attitude.
- Ability to learn and adapt.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled