- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 05/03/2021
- Website: cargo.one/careers
- Company Address:
About Cargo.oneDeveloper of a cargo booking platform designed to digitize the air freight industry. The company's platform is used to search, compare and book air freight capacities across airlines and gives access to real-time prices and available capacities, enabling international freight forwarders and cargo carriers to get digital and data driven distribution channel, attracting new business at low cost and high operational efficiency.
Join us in changing an entire industry
We need you to help us shape the future of air freight! At cargo.one we believe that we can only win as a team, and we want you to make an impact with us!
🏆 About the opportunity
We're looking for a Head of Finance to lead us towards fast growth and long-term financial stability. You will report directly to one of the Managing Directors and work closely with the management team to develop and set the strategic direction of cargo.one. You will be proactive in optimising our existing processes, and implementing new ones to ensure that we have full oversight of our spending and revenue and can make well-informed decisions.
We are a remote-first company and can work with you if you are based in one of the following countries (more countries are becoming available soon!)
🕵🏼♀️ What you’ll be doing
- Develop the financial strategy to grow cargo.one by an order of magnitude
- Work with the management to identify and measure key financial metrics
- Build the right processes, tools, and revenue- and business-models to ensure department- and company-wide success
- Develop and maintain ongoing financial reporting
- Manage our external accounts and tax advisors
- Lead our annual audit process and manage audit remediation plans
- Lead our budgeting process
- Maintain and track performance against our targets
- Take responsibility for key commercial contracts
- Manage our billing and invoicing processes with partners
- Support financial due diligence processes
🙋🏽♀️ What you'll need
- You are up for a challenge and are willing to roll up your sleeves in a remote-first global setup.
- You have performed or managed financial planning and analysis, accounting and commercial functions.
- You have experienced and flourished in dynamic, quickly evolving high-growth companies.
- You have magical excel skills and use data to drive your decision- making process.
- You have great communication skills and love working with people and technology.
- You are organised, structured in your approach to work and have a strong attention to detail.
- You are decisive and fact-oriented.
- You have a BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field.
- MSc/MA is a plus.
🤝 What you can expect from cargo.one
- We think you’ll enjoy working at cargo.one. Here are just a few of the things that we think make it a great place to work:
- Work within a fully-remote setup
- The chance to contribute from your first week.
- The opportunity to have a serious impact on a growing organisation that’s changing an industry.
- An extremely steep learning curve working alongside an ambitious and international team
- MacBook or ThinkPad, the choice is yours – whatever helps you get your job done, we’ve got you covered.