Alloy is where you belong!
Why we’re hiring
The Privacy & Compliance Senior Associate is focused on managing risk across the business, particularly in areas such as data privacy and security.
This role will play a very important part in helping to establish and mature the control environment resulting in improved compliance standards, greater customer trust, and ultimately increased revenue for the company. Come join an exciting startup company in the FinTech space named one of Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Stars 2019: 20 Up-And-Comers!
What you’ll be doing
As a Privacy & Compliance Senior Associate you will be responsible for working effectively with numerous cross-functional partners across the company (IT, Sales , Client Success, DevOps, etc.) to engage on all aspects of control and process design, testing, implementation, monitoring, project management, documentation, and remediation activities as needed to ensure the highest compliance and regulatory standards.
As a Privacy & Compliance Senior Associate, you'll
- Own Alloy’s internal compliance program, working with the broader team to ensure successful implementation and enhancement of compliance program
- Respond to inbound due diligence requests from customer prospects
- Conduct due diligence on Alloy vendors, service providers, and customers
- Function as project manager for large external audits such as SOC 2
- Conduct regular audits of our customer and internal company activity
- Review and write policies and procedures in conjunction with the broader team
- Lead risk reviews across business units and operational functions; with assistance of relevant stakeholders, identify and quantify business, reputational, outsourcing, regulatory, information security, and other risks
- Identify internal control gaps and design and implement internal controls to address gaps
- Enhance existing policies, procedures, and processes
Who we’re looking for
Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel Alloy is looking for a Privacy & Compliance Senior Associate with 3 - 5 years of compliance and audit experience, working specifically with industry data privacy and cybersecurity regulations and standards such as California Consumer Privacy Act, General Data Protection Regulation, and SOC 2.
- Audit or compliance background with exposure across multiple compliance functions and subject areas; experience with control frameworks and ability to design and evaluate the efficiency of controls embedded within business processes
- Experience managing risk for a data-driven product or business
- Familiarity with cloud technology, APIs, and other industry standard technologies, and/or strong interest in learning more
- Organized and very detailed high impact player with knowledge of controls, compliance activities, project management, and related standard methodologies
- Understanding of the compliance management systems
- Experience or familiarity with requirements that apply to financial institutions (e.g., GLBA, FCRA, third-party oversight and outsourcing standards) preferable but not necessary
- Experience implementing compliance controls in a start-up or similar environment a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with superior analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working with different functions (product, sales, IT, etc.)
- Curiosity, strong desire to learn, highly proactive mindset, team player
We're a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately and opportunities for growth are abundant at our scaling company. If this all sounds like a good fit for you, why not join us?
How to Apply
Apply right here. You've found the application!
Alloy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We’re committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.