Alloy is where you belong!
We’re the leading provider of digital identity management and transaction fraud detection. We support innovative FinTech companies and top tier banks to manage KYC, AML, and other components of client onboarding. Alloy’s API enables its clients to access over 80 third party data sources in real-time to improve decision-making and streamline client experiences.
We're backed by venture capital firms that have taken countless companies to IPO like Bessemer Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Eniac Ventures, and others. We are well-positioned to bring on incredibly talented individuals who can help take us to the next level!
What you’ll be doing
- “Keeping the lights on”
- Our services are used by leading fintechs and top tier banks. Our clients rely on Alloy’s uptime to serve their clients. You’ll help architect and build infrastructure solutions to improve our uptime and exceed our SLOs. You’ll improve logging, monitoring and alerting solutions to help with early warnings. You’ll also participate in our on-call rotation. Fortunately, because of our focus on continuous improvement, resiliency and automation, incidents are rare, recoverable, and quickly followed up by blameless postmortems.
- Writing infrastructure as code
- We use a collection of AWS Tools, Github Actions, third party solutions, and custom scripts to automate releases, deployments, scaling events, and other actions. You’ll help improve existing automated processes as well as create new ones to improve resiliency, performance, and predictability.
- Supporting application developers
- Our shared goal of shipping quality code means you’ll be looking for and eliminating constraints in the deployment pipeline, helping to maintain dev-prod parity, and looking for ways to ensure applications get to production quickly, predictably, and drama-free.
- Hunting down hard-to-reach errors, and finding ways to prevent them
- Computers are hard. You’ll sometimes need to spend many hours investigating edge case bugs at the Network, Operating System, and application levels -- then coming up with the solution.
Who we’re looking for
- You’ve provisioned and managed a variety of AWS resources, using infrastructure as code.
- You’ve implemented solutions for deploying applications to Kubernetes in production.
- You have helped architect and build secure and reliable systems and deployment pipelines.
- You’re comfortable writing and reviewing code.
- You are pragmatic; you can justify when to build and when to buy. You recognize that what we’re creating is part of something bigger, and always try to eliminate constraints and keep releases flowing.
- You’ve implemented and used tools like Datadog, Splunk, or Newrelic to find where the latency in distributed systems is coming from, then proposed and implemented solutions to reduce that latency.
- You’ve participated in on-call rotations, but you spend your days building systems that are resilient and self-healing, so PagerDuty alerts don’t happen.
Skills and experience
- 5+ years of experience working on a DevOps, SRE, or Infrastructure team.
- Hands-on (production) experience with
- Provisioning and managing AWS resources
- Writing infrastructure as Code (cloudformation with CDK a plus)
- Deploying to Kubernetes in production
- Managing CI/CD with tools like GitHub Actions, CircleCI, Travis, etc
- Implementing and improving observability and alerting with tools like Datadog, Cloudwatch, ELK/EFK, etc
- Knowledge of Secure SDLC best practices
- Experience managing and troubleshooting Kubernetes clusters
- Experience mentoring junior developers
- Practical experience scripting (bash, python, etc) for debugging and troubleshooting as well as tooling
Benefits and Perks
- Unlimited PTO
- Company Paid Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401k with company match up to 4%
- $500 to just set up your WFH space - a one time thing
- Monthly Commuter Budget
- Monthly stipend for groceries from Public Goods
- Monthly food allowance for Seamless
- Monthly Gym Contribution
- Annual Citi Bike Membership
- Annual $1k Personal Development Budget
- Four Free Therapy Sessions
Alloy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer. We’re committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.