Product Manager - Global Markets
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Prod Mgmt/Dev
- Industry: Consumer
- Post Date: 07/21/2021
- Website: synd.io
- Company Address: , Seattle, WA
About SyndioSyndio is a company committed to eradicating pay disparities in the workplace. We license software to companies that are serious about equal pay and help them find and fix pay equity issues, and stay in compliance over time.
Every day laws are passed around the world to ensure companies are compensating equal work with equal pay. But more than the legal requirements, equal pay is the right thing to do. When employees know a company takes pay practices seriously, they are happier, more productive and less likely to leave.
Syndio is different because we use data science methodologies to promote fairness throughout the entire lifecycle of the employee experience.
We are a small software start-up with ambition. We are passionate about equal pay, our product and our mission and we are devoted to each other and our company. We value transparency, hustle, clarity, truth, and vulnerability.
Do you want to empower organizations to fairly and equitably hire, promote, retain and compensate their employees? Syndio is a technology company committed to fairness in the workplace. Fueled by 2020 investments of $24M from Bessemer Ventures, Voyager Capital and social change organization Emerson Collective, Syndio is investing in growing our team and products.
We are seeking a self-motivated mid-level Product Manager to specialize in bringing our industry-defining analytics platform to new markets.
About the role
Syndio’s suite of solutions enable global organizations to analyze and resolve pay issues based on race and gender, and to stay in compliance over time. As the fourth member of our Product Management team, you’ll craft the product vision to help grow our international customer base. As part of this, you’ll play a vital role in accelerating product features empowering customers to create a fair workplace for all employees and also localizing those features. You’ll serve as the voice of the customer through the development lifecycle, working cross-functionally to connect the technical and business worlds, and guide products from concept to launch.
- Develop a deep understanding of our global user needs and drive global product requirements across multiple groups, balancing user and business needs.
- Identify local geographical needs with regards to product, communication requirements, regulatory requirements, and language. Design a localization strategy taking into account all legal, technical, and cultural adjustments our product and our teams will need to make.
- Work with the larger product organization to define a roadmap and prioritize features.
- Partner with teams to bring the product into new regions and deliver new features to drive global metrics.
- Advise/educate other PMs on localization best practices.
- Own features through the entire product development lifecycle from ideation to release.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer needs through qualitative and quantitative methods: user research studies, usability tests, market research, and data analysis.
- Partner with internal stakeholders, including sales and customer success teams, to understand areas of opportunity and translate customer needs into product features.
- Break down high-level features into actionable requirements for design and engineering via epics, user stories, acceptance criteria, user flows, and other artifacts as needed.
- Work with the design team to develop a cohesive user experience.
- Work with engineering to scope, plan, and execute development.
- Define metrics and KPIs for measuring the success of features.
- Constantly identify opportunities to expand the Syndio platform, ranging from new products to ongoing optimizations.
- Lead and facilitate team rituals: stand-ups, sizing, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Resolve blockers and delays; mitigate risks to sprint goals.
- Within 1 month, you’ll complete a comprehensive and supportive onboarding process to help you understand the product, the business, and the customer journey.
- Within 3 months, you’ll own features, from inception to launch.
- Within 6-12 months, you’ll be fully up to speed and self-sufficient to drive new features, interact with customers to collect feedback, iterate on existing features, and drive ongoing improvements.
- You have 2+ years experience with localization/internationalization, driving a product vision with an international focus.
- You are relentlessly curious and willing to ask questions every step of the way.
- You bring a balance of humility and confidence to the team, able to listen and learn from others, while also being decisive to move the product forward.
- You have experience in making hard data-informed decisions (A/B testing and experimentation, user testing, data analysis, defining metrics).
- You are a strong communicator with the ability to facilitate dynamic discussions, glean information from experts in another field, understand customer needs, and turn them into products and features.
- You are empathetic to the needs of our customers’ employees and bring a disciplined approach to ensuring every product decision has a positive downstream impact.
- You excel at managing and prioritizing multiple projects across various stakeholders and phases of the development lifecycle.
- You can inspire, motivate, and support a team to get things done.
- You have strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills, with constant attention to detail.
- You’re a self-starter who thrives working autonomously, with minimal supervision, feels comfortable pulling teammates for collaboration and support as needed.
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced startup and wearing many hats, from writing help materials to scrum mastering.
- You’re process-driven and can improve and build out workflows to improve efficiencies across the team.
- You are passionate about pay equity and building stellar products to advance workplace fairness.
- Fluency in product management tools (e.g. Jira)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, delivery-focused environment with an emphasis on Agile practices (sprints, backlog grooming, etc.).
- Experience developing SaaS platforms.
- Experience with Human Resource Management Systems (HRIS).
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas, such as project management, engineering, UX/UI, sales, customer support, finance or marketing.
At Syndio, we're building a diverse team that values candor, curiosity, and community. If you share these values and are interested in joining us, we'd love to talk with you even if you don't 100% meet the "about you" listed here. We don't expect anyone to have all the answers, as long as you're willing to learn and grow with us.
Employees joining the Syndio team at this early stage of growth will impact this critical social issue and support a growing customer base (including Nordstrom, General Mills, Match Group, Adobe, and others) to take tangible action on workplace fairness.
At Syndio, you’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses, equity, and many more benefits! As part of our commitment to fair pay, we’ll never ask your salary history. We’ll share the salary range for this position with you during our first conversation.
Syndio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building an inclusive and collaborative workplace as we grow, and we welcome team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age.