- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Sales
- Industry: Consumer
- Post Date: 01/14/2022
- Website: coastpay.com
- Company Address: , New York, NY
About CoastFleet and fuel payments made easy.
Coast is re-imagining the trillion-dollar U.S. B2B card payments infrastructure, with a focus on the country’s 500,000 commercial fleets, 10 million commercial vehicles, and 4 million commercial drivers. The incumbent technologies that cater to these customers are decades old, and drivers and fleets increasingly demand modern digital experiences and affordable and transparent financial services products. Coast's mission is to deliver them at a transformational scale, beginning with the Coast Fleet and Fuel Card built on a cutting-edge spend management platform.
Coast is co-founded and led by Daniel Simon, who previously cofounded Bread (breadpayments.com), a leading payments and credit technology firm backed by some of the world’s top VCs, and Andrew Woolf, a former executive at Lyft and Amplify. We are backed by top fintech & mobility venture funds – including Better Tomorrow Ventures, Avid Ventures, BoxGroup, Bessemer Venture Partners, Foundation Capital, Greycroft, and Colle – and premier angel investors – including Max Levchin (Affirm), Jason Gardner (Marqeta), William Hockey (Plaid), Ryan Petersen (Flexport), Josh Abramowitz (Bread) and many others.
As one of the very first sales hires at Coast, an early-stage startup, you will roll up your sleeves to do the critical work of selling Coast’s product. Coast is built to help businesses with fleets save time and money, and you will identify, develop, and close relationships with prospective clients. At the same time, you’ll help build out the sales strategy and vision for our customer-first sales organization. Your contributions will directly drive revenue for Coast, while enabling the long term success of our future sales colleagues.
- Own the entire customer sales cycle from prospect to close for Small and Medium businesses (SMBs) that operate fleets of 5+ vehicles
- Drive revenue for Coast through consultative, customer-first, selling
- Develop a sales pipeline through strategic outbound prospecting and inbound leads
- Articulate the Coast value proposition to qualified decision makers, finance teams, and C-level executives
- Collaborate with marketing to create a holistic customer engagement strategy
- Share customer feedback with Coast colleagues in product, finance, and risk to improve the user experience
- Achieve and exceed sales targets and projected revenue goals
- Provide input into the sales organization strategy to help us scale exponentially
- Proactively develop recommendations to improve and optimize our sales engine
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year university
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in a sales or customer-facing role, with B2B experience preferred
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to identify and engage decision makers within a prospective client organization
- Capable of demonstrating value and handling objections for a financial technology product
- Comfort performing fast-paced, transactional, outbound and inbound sales
- Strong sales toolkit: you can prospect, qualify, demonstrate, negotiate, and close deals
- Willingness to build the ship and sail it at the same time as one of our very first sales hires
- Positive attitude with a focus on having a growth mindset
Critically, you must be practical and business-minded, smart and creative, and excited about the rewards and volatility of an early-stage venture-backed startup.