- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: HR
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 09/14/2021
- Website: intercom.com
- Company Address: 55 2nd Street 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA, 94105
About IntercomIntercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Support semi-annual (and ad-hoc) compensation benchmarking to ensure that our compensation ranges are market competitive and align to our overall compensation strategy
- Validate/review compensation structures in Workday to help ensure accuracy and support scaling as we build out additional compensation mechanics
- Provide support on job matching and market pricing newly created roles that are created during review cycle or to address a new business need
- Provide first tier Compensation support and consolidate questions/issues from our business partners
- Design and build out reporting metrics/dashboards to help inform business decisions and support data gathering for our compensation programs
- Assists in the development and validation of job descriptions
- May partner with People Operations, Recruiting, Talent Development, and HR Business partners on ad-hoc projects and data requests
- Support other compensation projects as needed
What skills do I need? 📖
- 4+ years experience in the Compensation field and Bachelor degree or equivalent from an accredited university is required. Experience working for a fast-growing, global tech company is preferred
- Strong understanding of compensation fundamentals including job evaluation, market pricing, equity mechanics, bonus/incentive plan design, comp structures, pay ranges, and compensation survey reporting
- Experience working in compensation modules of an HRIS system (Workday strongly preferred)
- Strong Excel/spreadsheet skills and the ability to efficiently manipulate data to solve complex problems
- Strong business insight and judgement, team orientation, and collaborative style
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- A strong innate curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Experience in sales plan design, equity, benefits, and bonus programs are a plus
- Experience working in Salesforce, Xactly, Callidus, SAP, or other sales performance tracking systems is a plus
- Flexibility to work the overlap ‘golden hours’ shared by Dublin and San Francisco
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.