- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 09/14/2021
- Website: intercom.com
- Company Address: 55 2nd Street 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA, 94105
About IntercomIntercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Reporting to the Director of Accounting, this position will have the highly impactful role of helping develop a world-class accounting organization. You will collaborate on various areas within the accounting function (Month-end close, financial reporting, internal controls, IPO readiness, etc.) and be able to work with the support of the Revenue, Finance, IT, and Legal teams.
Your technical, operational, and process improvement skills will ensure the accounting organization is equipped for our next phase of continued growth. This is a high visibility role that directly impacts Intercom’s strategic initiatives to help prepare for life as a public company.
We are seeking a driven, open-minded, and technically strong individual who is passionate about accounting operations and driving process improvements. This role requires excellent communication skills, strong knowledge of accounting principles including US GAAP, and the ability to manage and work with various cross-functional teams.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, internal policies and external audits.
- Oversee external accounting function and the monthly close process, including maintenance of the general ledger by reviewing journal entries, reconciliations and performing variance analysis.
- Perform reconciliations for complex allocations and intercompany accounting for our various subsidiaries.
- Ensure worldwide consolidations are prepared accurately and timely.
- Ensure appropriate functional currency determinations and worldwide FX questions are resolved and accounted for properly.
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility, including adoption of technical accounting guidance.
- Assist with special projects, research and supplemental reporting that will be required in the Company’s next stage of growth.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on monthly close matters and various initiatives that impact the accounting organization.
- Work on process optimization and automation efforts to improve efficiency and effectiveness of our monthly close process and of our internal and external reporting requirements.
What skills do I need? 📖
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA a strong plus.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience including leadership roles. A mix of both public accounting and industry experience is a plus.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and leverage technology to build scalable processes, gain efficiencies, streamline accounting operations and improve outcomes.
- Excellent technical, analytical, and communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong attention to detail.
- Experience with a host of accounting software suites (NetSuite, Bill.com, FloQast, Expensify, Workday) a huge plus.
- Ability to conduct accounting research and analyze the impact of new accounting guidance and summarize results accurately and independently.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.