- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Hardware
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 10/13/2021
- Website: spire.com
- Company Address: 575 Florida St Suite 150, San Francisco, CA, 94110
About Spire GlobalSpire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world.
In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
In less than six years, Spire has built one of the world's largest satellite constellations, and we're just getting started.
Due to this continued growth, we are seeking a RF Engineer to join our Hardware team in the Boulder office.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Component selection and circuit level design using PCB software (Altium preferred), along with simulation where required; including transceivers for UHF, S- and X-bands.
- Management of RF modules through production & test
- RF module test and fault-find at bench level, environmental level (EMC and thermal vacuum testing) and spacecraft level
- Lead the verification process for testing new and existing systems
- Develop test plans, and operational procedures
- Provide technical consultancy support to software engineering, payloads, operations, and manufacturing teams
- BSc, MSc or Ph.D. degree in Telecommunications, Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering.
- 5 years or more of working experience on design, development, and testing of RF circuitry.
- Hands-on RF simulation, design and manufacturing experience and fault finding during test.
- PCB Schematic Capture and Layout for RF circuits
- Experience with laboratory or field RF testing with relevant technical equipment.
- Measuring performance of passive and active circuits to provide data that backs up system requirements. Including phase noise, compression points and associated chain losses.
- Tuning of RF circuits to achieve optimal performance
- Proven track record of promoting cooperation and team-work.
- Demonstration of problem-solving skills and solution-oriented approaches when dealing with challenges.
- Flexibility to changing priorities and operational requirements.
- Attention to detail, highly-organized with clear communication skills.
- Evaluate mission requirements and top-level RF system design
- RF Front End Design
- Link budgeting
- Spectrum management
- SDR experience (Ettus USRPs)
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art RF analog and (high-speed) digital signal processing techniques and technologies.
- Antenna design
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.