- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Prod Mgmt/Dev
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 10/13/2021
- Website: spire.com
- Company Address: 575 Florida St Suite 150, San Francisco, CA, 94110
About Spire GlobalSpire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
The Customer sits at the top of the Spire’s technology stack and drives the priorities and focus across our organization. As a Project Manager you will be on the front lines of building those relationships externally and working internally with diverse technical teams to deliver total solutions under budget and on time. We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to manage a wide range of projects and programs, reporting to our VP of Federal Programs & Business Development within Spire’s Federal Government Solutions Team. It requires an autonomous self-starter who can also collaborate daily engineering and manufacturing and build connections across the whole Spire organization.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Work with Spire’s executive leadership to insure timely delivery, under budget and with customer satisfaction your number one goal
- Manage cross-functional technical projects with team members in diverse national and international offices
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties, vendors, and/or partners for the flawless execution of projects
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop detailed project plans against which to execute, monitor, and track progress
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 3-7 years of experience working in Project Management
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, or applicable field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience in managing complex US Federal Government projects to successful completion
- Position is based in the Washington DC area or the appropriate candidate must have a willingness to travel to the area on a regular basis
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of google products
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Associate of Project Management (CAPM), or PRINCE II certification is a plus
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.