Clearing is a digital healthcare platform built to serve the 50M chronic pain sufferers in the United States. In partnership with leading physicians and researchers at Harvard, Johns Hopkins, and the Hospital for Special Surgery, and with significant funding from top-tier investors Bessemer Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Breyer Capital, and a host of leading healthcare and consumer entrepreneurs (including the founders of Hims, Seamless Grubhub, Flatiron Health, Forward Health, Curology and more) we are on a mission to provide patients with access to comprehensive, opioid-free pain relief.
As a Lead Product Designer (remote or NYC based) you will be a key contributor to the UX and visual design that drive the vision and strategy of Clearing. You’ll apply your understanding of user behavior to define the components and then flesh out the UI/UX design in testable, visual compositions. Reporting to the Head of Design, you’ll collaborate closely with the product, growth and engineering teams to craft beautiful experiences that are intuitive and delightful to use.
What You’ll Do:
- Extend and maintain our UX design system in partnership with brand design, growth, product, and engineering
- Research user behaviors and identify pain points and jobs to be done for our product and other competitor offerings
- Conduct competitive UI/UX analysis of both competing and analogous products, and ensure we are maintaining UX design best practices
- Think through and explicitly define user flows and edge cases across a responsive web product
- Partner with Product & Growth to conduct usability testing on critical flows and use user insights to refine our product experience
- Collaborate with engineering to translate designs into user experiences
What We’re Looking For:
- 7+ years of product or UX design experience for consumer brands with complex user interactions & flows
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, or comparable design system/product design tooling
- Demonstrable evidence of successful collaboration with product, engineering, and growth organizations
- Humble expert mindset and comfort being a UX advocate company-wide
- Ability to empathize with users who may be unlike yourself
- Evidence of using research and user testing to steer UX design
- Evidence of building best-in-class user experiences
- Experience operating in highly-regulated consumer experiences (insurtech, healthtech, fintech, etc.)
- Experience with e-commerce or subscription-based products with a fulfillment component
- Experience working in a best-in-class, fast-paced consumer technology startup environment
- Experience with UI/UX design for internal administrative tooling
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision for employee (dependents covered at 75% for medical and 50% for dental/vision)
- Work from home office stipend
- Wellness/fitness stipend
- 401K program
- Membership to One Medical/Teladoc/Talkspace/Kindbody
- Generous PTO
- Commuter benefits
- And more!
At Clearing, we believe that diversity among our teammates is critical to our success. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates.
Please note: We are a New York City based company embracing a hybrid model; your Talent Manager will discuss any specific location related requirements for the role you're applying to with you.