- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Technical/Customer Support
- Industry: Consumer
- Post Date: 01/14/2022
- Website: coastpay.com
- Company Address: , New York, NY
About CoastFleet and fuel payments made easy.
Coast is re-imagining the trillion-dollar U.S. B2B card payments infrastructure, with a focus on the country’s 500,000 commercial fleets, 10 million commercial vehicles, and 4 million commercial drivers. The incumbent technologies that cater to these customers are decades old, and drivers and fleets increasingly demand modern digital experiences and affordable and transparent financial services products. Coast's mission is to deliver them at a transformational scale, beginning with the Coast Fleet and Fuel Card built on a cutting-edge spend management platform.
Coast is co-founded and led by Daniel Simon, who previously cofounded Bread (breadpayments.com), a leading payments and credit technology firm backed by some of the world’s top VCs, and Andrew Woolf, a former executive at Lyft and Amplify. We are backed by top fintech & mobility venture funds – including Better Tomorrow Ventures, Avid Ventures, BoxGroup, Bessemer Venture Partners, Foundation Capital, Greycroft, and Colle – and premier angel investors – including Max Levchin (Affirm), Jason Gardner (Marqeta), William Hockey (Plaid), Ryan Petersen (Flexport), Josh Abramowitz (Bread) and many others.
The Senior Customer Service Associate will be responsible for serving customers and supporting leadership in building world-class operations at Coast. It is a cross-functional role that will interact with customers, Product, Finance, Risk, and other teams across functions. This is our first customer service associate hire, so be prepared to wear many hats, and to get your hands dirty. A typical day might include responding to customer support emails, reviewing potential fraud alerts, or designing a call center dashboard, or one of any number of other urgent tasks to serve the company strategy and execution.
- Provide exceptional customer service by fielding inbound calls and emails
- Work on projects to continuously improve our process, technology, and control environment
- Identify customer pain points and act as the voice of the customer to Product, Sales, and others in the organization
- Help arrange payments with our past due customers via outbound calls
- Assist in creating daily, weekly and monthly operational reporting
- 2-5+ years of professional experience
- You're a natural at customer service - you are an empathetic problem solver who goes above and beyond to deliver great results for customers
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Smarts and ambition
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Servicing or operations experience a plus
- Experience with financial products and services a plus
- Experience with small- and medium-sized businesses a plus
- Management experience a strong plus
- Zendesk experience is a bonus
Critically, you must be practical and business-minded, smart and creative, and excited about the rewards and volatility of an early-stage venture-backed startup.