- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Technical/Customer Support
- Industry: Consumer
- Post Date: 01/14/2022
- Website: coastpay.com
- Company Address: , New York, NY
About CoastFleet and fuel payments made easy.
Coast is re-imagining the trillion-dollar U.S. B2B card payments infrastructure, with a focus on the country’s 500,000 commercial fleets, 10 million commercial vehicles, and 4 million commercial drivers. The incumbent technologies that cater to these customers are decades old, and drivers and fleets increasingly demand modern digital experiences and affordable and transparent financial services products. Coast's mission is to deliver them at a transformational scale, beginning with the Coast Fleet and Fuel Card built on a cutting-edge spend management platform.
Coast is co-founded and led by Daniel Simon, who previously cofounded Bread (breadpayments.com), a leading payments and credit technology firm backed by some of the world’s top VCs, and Andrew Woolf, a former executive at Lyft and Amplify. We are backed by top fintech & mobility venture funds – including Better Tomorrow Ventures, Avid Ventures, BoxGroup, Bessemer Venture Partners, Foundation Capital, Greycroft, and Colle – and premier angel investors – including Max Levchin (Affirm), Jason Gardner (Marqeta), William Hockey (Plaid), Ryan Petersen (Flexport), Josh Abramowitz (Bread) and many others.
The Head of Customer Service is a key member of the Coast team, instrumental in developing, executing, and managing engagement strategies over a customer’s lifecycle with Coast, from account opening through ongoing servicing and all the way to default management. Your mandate is to build a best-in-class, scalable customer service capability that supports Coast's business strategy. In this role, you are responsible for building out a key value proposition and core strength of our company - outstanding and delightful customer service - which requires a vision and strategy that you will flesh out, as well as the grit to be hands-on and do it all on your own in Coast's earliest days.
- Formulate the long-term vision, strategy, and operating model for Coast's customer service function
- Provide an excellent customer service experience
- Be the voice of the customer to provide feedback to Product and Sales
- Hire, train, and grow customer service and collections staff across multiple geographies, providing mentorship and inspiration and demonstrating Coast's values
- Provide transparent reporting to management and peers on the performance and metrics of the servicing and collections functions
- Build a robust control environment to address operational and compliance risk
- Develop and test customer communications messaging and channels
- Build out customer self-service capabilities
- Develop and deliver on policies, procedures, and standards
- Forecast and staff against volumes by channel
- Manage defaults and losses
- Drive towards cost efficiency while ensuring high customer satisfaction
- In partnership with Risk, develop and execute on collections strategies
- In partnership with Risk, operationalize suspected account opening and transaction fraud case management processes
- Manage office matters, including selection of call center geographies and office spaces as well as corporate real estate in NYC
- Particularly in the early days, pick up the phone and solve customers' problems yourself!
- 5-10+ years management experience in call center/customer service
- A reputation for being results-oriented and dependable, and of thriving while operating at a startup pace, and would enjoy the challenge of a rapidly evolving organization
- Solid understanding of contact center technology
- Experience designing multi-channel service models
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, negotiation, written and oral communication skills
- Strong ability to influence and build relationships across various cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience with financial products
- Comfort with some amount of domestic travel
- Ability and eagerness to be self-starting and identify and solve problems with little infrastructure, support, or guidance
- Ideally, experience with small- to medium-sized business customers
Critically, you must be practical and business-minded, smart and creative, and excited about the rewards and volatility of an early-stage venture-backed startup.