If you’re looking for a role to stretch well beyond the traditional B2B content marketing role – this role is for you. We are looking for a Content Marketing Manager – Coast’s marketing employee #2 – who will start in a player-coach capacity, lead our multichannel content marketing strategy, and have a direct impact on every marketing channel from Youtube to podcasting. If you’re looking for an opportunity to scale beyond the company blog, join us.
Coast is re-imagining the trillion-dollar U.S. B2B card payments infrastructure, with a focus on the country’s 500,000 commercial fleets, 10 million commercial vehicles, and 4 million commercial drivers. The incumbent technologies that cater to these customers are decades old, and drivers, fleets, and the merchants that serve them all increasingly demand modern digital experiences and affordable and transparent financial services products. Coast's mission is to deliver them at a transformational scale and to improve working lives in one of the country’s biggest industry sectors.
Coast is co-founded and led by Daniel Simon, who previously co-founded Bread (breadpayments.com), a leading payments and credit technology firm backed by some of the world’s top VCs, and Andrew Woolf, a former executive at Lyft and Amplify. We are backed by top fintech & mobility venture funds – including Better Tomorrow Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, BoxGroup, Avid Ventures, Foundation Capital, Greycroft, and Colle – and premier angel investors – including Max Levchin (Affirm), Josh Abramowitz (Bread), Jason Gardner (Marqeta), William Hockey (Plaid), Ryan Petersen (Flexport), and many others.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with the Head of Growth Marketing to develop both high-level, channel, and campaign-specific content strategies.
- Drive the editorial strategy across multiple channels including our website, social, pillar content, customer comms, and blog.
- Develop and execute video and audio content strategy
- Write and produce content across a full spectrum of content projects
- Manage a content production budget, contract content creators, and designers
- Manage customer communications of product updates in Partnership with our product team
- Manage the execution and measurement and optimization of creative content programs
- Be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, terminology, writing, and style.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and insights in the industries we serve, acting as the go-to resource for strategic content creation.
- In time, build and lead a team of top-rate content producers
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of writing and editing experience in digital media
- You’re a phenomenal writer that has honed both short-form copywriting and long-form content production
- You’re strategic, you understand how various content supports buyers throughout the buyer journey and how to create for multiple channels, audiences, and media
- You think distribution first and plan how you’re going to promote and distribute your content before your invest in production
- Experience managing freelancers including budget, project management and invoicing.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Familiar with editorial calendar management and content production cycles
- Interest in finance, technology, and field service industries (trades)
- Thorough understanding of SEO principles and how to apply them to the travel space
- Track record of accomplishment and delivery in the world of media
- Proficiency with Content Management Systems and Google Docs
- Knowledge of social media principles and practices
- B.A./B.S. degree preferred, or equivalent experience
Critically, you must be practical and business-minded, smart and creative, and excited about the rewards and volatility of an early-stage venture-backed startup.