Clearing is a digital healthcare platform built to serve the 50M chronic pain sufferers in the United States. In partnership with leading physicians and researchers at Harvard, Johns Hopkins, and the Hospital for Special Surgery, and with significant funding from top-tier investors Bessemer Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Breyer Capital, and a host of leading healthcare and consumer entrepreneurs (including the founders of Hims, Seamless Grubhub, Flatiron Health, Forward Health, Curology and more) we are on a mission to provide patients with access to comprehensive, opioid-free pain relief.
We are looking for a board certified Health Coach or “Relief Coach” to join us on a contract basis for 12 weeks with a strong possibility to extend or become full time. This is a high impact role that involves working with patients suffering from chronic pain to identify and make progress towards health and wellness goals to empower them to live better, happier, and more intentional lives.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with patients to identify health and wellness goals
- Meet with patients through video chats, phone calls, and Clearing’s messaging platform to check-in and help them make progress towards their goals
- Guide patients to develop awareness of their habits, and help them identify behavioral shifts to move them towards their goals
- Empower patients to be experts on their bodies, minds, and circumstance
- Engage with patients empathically, demonstrating positive regard, respect and understanding for where they are on their journey
- Use broad knowledge of health and wellness to help patients navigate a variety of health concerns
- SMART goal setting and holding patients accountable to achieve them
- Helping patients to articulate their “Relief” (wellness) vision
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years experience at a digital health technology company (must have)
- Board certification– either NBC-HWC or ICF (must have)
- Phone and or live video coaching experience (must have)
- Embodies a patient-first, eager-to-help approach to all interactions
- Strong ability to empathize with chronic pain sufferers
- Strong writing skills, tone, spelling and grammar, appropriate to the messaging channel
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills with a high attention to detail and quality
- Able to effectively balance attention to detail with efficient execution in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work Monday-Friday east coast hours (with some flexibility if you are in another time zone)
- Open to being featured on our website and/or marketing materials
At Clearing, we believe that diversity among our teammates is critical to our success. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates.
Please note: We are a New York City based company embracing a hybrid model; your Talent Manager will discuss any specific location related requirements for the role you're applying to with you.